Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone used Deka batteries

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Devin, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

I've been looking at the Deka etx14 battery. It's a sealed battery with incredibly small dimensions (motorcycle), only weighs about 11 pounds and costs about $60. Supposedly, it's the sam battery as the Braille (which sells for $180). Seems like a lot of road racers like 'em. I was wondering if anyone's had luck with them on the street.

2. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I use Deka all the time.
    The plant is only about 30 mins. from me, In Topton, PA. I call down to see if they have blems in the size I'm looking for , can really get them cheap if they do.
    They always worked good for me.

3. One of my club memebers retired from owning a battery business that sold only Deka brand. I think every car in the club is running one and me personaly have never had a problem with them.

4. butch27

butch27

Sounds like they are made in America----Good.

5. BenW455

BenW455

Two thumbs up for deka. I used the 1024dt in my plow trucks 1100 cca:) Never any problems.

6. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

I have replaced a few Deka batterys in the past and they always look like they are pretty old. To me that is a good sign!

7. tjm73

tjm73

I put a used (3 years) Deka out of a junked car at my Dad's Ford dealership in my 5.0 and ran it for another 4 or 5 years. I'd use them again for sure.

8. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

I use em at work all the time, seem to be pretty good to me. Ones about to make irs way into my daily '63 Ford.

9. gas pumper

gas pumper

I got two car sized ones in my old cars. Both are over 10 years old and never a problem. Sometimes in the spring, one is dead and needs a charge to get going.

Quality stuff from PA. I understand from the Deka salesman that they also make batteries under other names, like how Anderson pretzels (in lancaster) makes all the pretzels on the east coast.

Frank

10. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

like how Anderson pretzels (in lancaster) makes all the pretzels on the east coast.

Frank[/quote]

That's bogus. I live in Lancaster. Besides Anderson's, there are at least 20 other pretzel bakeries just in this County. BTW, most are much better than Anderson.

11. ronrob75

ronrob75

Don't be afraid of a Deka. Made in beautiful Topton, Pennsylvania...USA. Like chaos10meter said, I've gotten the blem's from the factory and have never had any problem with them....6 volt or 12 volt...and they are cheap

12. Tony

Tony

We sell Deka at the shop i work at and have had good luck with them..I wouldn't worry.

13. Old Rod

Old Rod
    from Brazil, IN

I will add to the list, really good batteries a little more $$ than the cheaper
    ones, but have lasted good for me.

14. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Yep, got one in my car.

15. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

looks like the rout I'll go. thanks for the info.

16. I saw quite a few at the John Deere dealer I used to work at. All of them seemed quite old, and none were in a real good state (meaning not taken care of real well), but FWIW, they were still working when they were replaced... we had to as part of the ASSURE used equipment program. They were all real small (in golf equipment) but seemed real good quality.

Jay

17. David Chandler

David Chandler

I used to drive electric forklifts that had them. They went all day long with out any problems.

18. testpilot

testpilot
    from Denver

guys i have visited the factory and sell large large telecom batteries deka private labels harley and i think CAT batteries they have a huge operation with very very good quality control

19. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

That battery IS small......I used it on my redneck engineering buell rigid project......I had NO cranking/voltage/duty cycle issues on the bike.
    Sold that bike & I forget the CCA & am not sure if a automotive (car/truck) engine is what this would be best suited for...

Paco

20. tjm73

tjm73

Sorry to drag up an old thread but my daily 98 Mustang GT battery is on it's last legs I think. The cold is just killing it. Have no idea how old the battery i. I need a new battery and want to support a US manufacturer. Deka is my choice. Not sure where to got o get one. Anyone have any suggestions?

21. Have two. My truck will drain it so I keep a trickle charger on it but my 59 Fury can sit for 3-4 weeks and turn right over. It won't start right up so i usually have to crank it 4-5 times but it's starts eventually. i

22. butch27

butch27

I will remember Deka the next time I need a battery. USA!

23. never herd of deka batteries?

24. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

They are top quality batteries, and are made in Pennsylvania. If you've never heard of them, it's probably because I believe they are only sold east of the Mississippi.

25. spooler41

spooler41

Has anyone a web link for Deka, I'd like some more info.

thanks, ...........Jack

26. Al Consoli

Al Consoli