Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone use TCP Global Restoration Shop paint?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DadsBlueFord, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Rocco611

Rocco611
    from Madera Ca.

My 2 cents about Restoration shop paint. I have used the black single stage Acrylic Urethane to paint a car trailer 5 years ago. left in weather, hot California summers it is just now starting to fade. will be repainting it again this year. Recently used the the same product to paint a 64 falcon . its easy to shoot , cuts and polished very nice if you get run or some dust in the paint. have used the base coat clear coat Urethane and the Lacquers as well in TCP Global's standard colors , found them not to be a close match to the factory colors, such as viper red corvette rally red. good for a complete repaint but don't try to use these colors for a spot repair of factory paint. TCP global doesn't package paint very well for shipping, I have received dented and leaking cans and had to argue with them to get the products replaced even when I had bought the shipping insurance. They asked me to open the can and see how much leaked out and they would send me that much paint . After several phone calls they did finally send me another gallon of paint, shipped in box with no padding received it dented as well but not leaking.

2. 1gearhead

1gearhead

I have used Restoration Shop Acrylic Enamel and their Urethane, both in single stage and BCCC and have been well satisfied with all. It's not the quality of the Delstar that I used to spray but cannot any longer get, but still very good.

razoo lew likes this.
  3. indyjps

indyjps

Used TCP restoration shop flattened black urethane, shot the bottom of my car with it, over UPOL gravitex.
    Paint shot well, covered well, no feedback yet on how it holds up, the car is still apart.
    I'll be using more of it, I'm sticking to urethane.

This car is getting base clear shot by a pro. Next car is getting single stage urethane shot by me. Either tcp or Paintguru sourced deep red, maybe southern polyurethane ss red, need to see a color chip, heard it's a great color.

4. Fitty Toomuch

Fitty Toomuch
    from WVa

Eh, guess I throw in my 2cents. I am no painter either but wanted to try my hand using their restoration shop line. I just wanted to get a close resemblance to the original color, avatar pic, like a light blue grey.
    I looked at their on line color charts and chose a color that looked the closest. Bought a qt. system just to check/ compare, when the can arrived, I could tell right off by the paint dab on the lid it was`nt even close. e-mailed them with pic and guy agreed that it was`nt even close to their online chart and sent another qt. free, mighty nice of them to do that but it came in being the exact same color.:( So I bought their color chart in case on line computer colors vary.
    I chose another color that matched real close and close enough for me, ordered, and it came in looking like a light baby blue, nothing close to their chart. I give up.
    The paint seems of good quality, I used the dark blue to paint the underbody where it will be unseen,
    and shot the firewall with the light blue. I hate to see good$ go to waste, and am not building a show car, but I still want to get real close to factory color. what to do? Still in the market for a equally price range paint that actually comes close to the color I need.

5. kingdome627

kingdome627
    from California

I had my 79 Scout II painted with their Reflex Blue. It sprayed on easily and buffed out great!

Attached Files:

6. 32Stoker

32Stoker

If anyone has sprayed their car in the following TCP Restoration Shop colors, could you please share some photos?

Firethorn Red Pearl 2701
    Fire Red Pearl 2702
    Candy Apple Red Metallic 2706
    Sunburst Orange Metallic 2209
    Atomic Orange Pearl 2210
    Malibu Sunset Orange Metallic 2211
    Inferno Orange Pearl Metallic 2212

Thank you!!

7. southcross2631

southcross2631

Be careful. Some of these prepacked paints are mixed in large batches and their batch to batch matching is not even close. Be sure and write down the batch number if you need more paint.
    Kirker is the absolute worse for batch to batch matching. Did a pickup for a friend and tried to save him some money by using Kirker paint as it was not a show truck. Needed another quart to finish and had to buy a gallon because quarts were not available. Ray Charles could see that it didn't match.
    Ended up repainting the whole truck with Nason . Cost me 1500 bucks in lost time and materials to buy pre packed paint. Never again. I go down and have it mixed and no shipping and waiting and hoping it matches.
    In Kirker's defense they sent me a bunch of primer and other materials to make up for some of my loss. Now I have 2 gallons of single stage school bus yellow and one gallon of candy apple red single stage that I will make someone a really good deal on.