Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone own a dual range 230 amp Sears stick welder?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34RUSTROD, Apr 9, 2007.

1. 34RUSTROD

34RUSTROD
    from Wa. state

I was wondering if anyone has had one of these arc welders lying around, seems to be older , I picked it up out of the free pile at work, couldn't pass it up for the price...needs a plug and a replacement wand....tell me any goods or bads, should I sell sell it a swap meet to go towards the wire feed I am told I need or or use it on my truck frame, I am sure old schoolers used this type of setup all the time in the day:confused:...let me know...joe

2. 2manybillz

2manybillz

I've got a similar one, 180 amp model, been using it since the middle '60s. Bought a new cable connector for it from Sears last year, looks like they still service most of the parts.

3. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

Is it about 2 foot square? I might have just picked one up myself. The stickers have mostly fallen off, and I haven't opened it yet, but I plan on doing a restore paint job and make some new decals for it. Maybe call it the "Western Auto 220" or something...

4. 34RUSTROD

34RUSTROD
    from Wa. state

its more like 2.5 by 1.5 rectangle...found a wand at work also...just doesn't fit in the holes...gonna have to go to Sears and get a new one,...it must work decent if you have kept it in use since the 60's...cool...joe

Register now to get rid of these ads!