Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know any history on this chopped 1950 olds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAREOOT, Apr 2, 2010.

1. BAREOOT

BAREOOT
    from CALIFORNIA

00 mack already checked pretty sure its not the yellow one. Thanks for trying to help.

Still looking

2. VenomousType

VenomousType
    from Atlanta GA

wow.. got my eyes on this thread.. id like to know where it came from also..

when they look this good its nice to know who the parents are..

3. BAREOOT

BAREOOT
    from CALIFORNIA

thanks for the pic rik

4. BAREOOT

BAREOOT
    from CALIFORNIA

Still looking fo info

5. Stormin Norm

Stormin Norm

I think this is the olds built by Glen Moyer in Silver GROVE KY. I do not have his number handy but might be able to come up with it. Try calling RT.8 auto sales in Silver Grove KY. Ithink he helps his brother there at that lot. Good Luck Stormin Norm.

6. BAREOOT

BAREOOT
    from CALIFORNIA

Mystery solved, the car was built by glen moyer in melbourne kentucky.

7. Now we want to hear all about it..............Centurion9

8. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

9. BAREOOT

BAREOOT
    from CALIFORNIA

ok, here is what i got from glen moyer the builder this morning on the phone. He had the olds sitting in his shop for years. He would do a little to it between cars. He put the subframe under it in the late 70s, he worked on the olds over the years finishing it in the late 80s he was not real sure when it was finished for sure. He has been doing kustoms for years, i beleive he said he had five or six guys working for him at the time. He is 59 years old, he still messes with cars a little and helps out at his brothers car dealership. He talked about how much work chopping a fastback was, and how many hours he had in making cuts to the trunk lid to make the flow of the roof right. He has a 1957 olds convertible kustom he drives that he has had for years. It was very kool talking to him,i offered to email him pics of how the olds looks now, he said that would not work as he does not even know how to turn on a computer, so he is going to get one of his friends to email me pics of his olds and i can email pics of the 50 to them for him to see. Or i will mail them to him. Were going to stay in touch. I told him about all the good words the chop got here on the hamb,he said say thanks to everyone. He said there should be pictures in several magazines from years back. He said that chopping a fastback is the toughest one to do,if the flow is not right you got a mess on your hands, i then told him he got it right on this one.

AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO STORMIN NORM FOR GETTING ME THE INFO

Thanks to everyone for the kind words on the olds and trying to help locate the builder. If i get pics of glens olds i will post them.
    Barefoot

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  10. 00 MACK

00 MACK

What color did he say it was in many magazines years ago?

11. BAREOOT

BAREOOT
    from CALIFORNIA

its been black, since it was chopped, glen also did the paint.
    Barefoot