Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Anyone interested in a Houston HAMBer's Meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gwhite, Jan 11, 2013.

1. txturbo

txturbo

When is the next breakfast? I need a cholesterol recharge.

2. How does July 12th sound for Magnolia Grill? As usual I'm generally up for just about any place if someone has another idea. Spanish Flowers was good if y'all want to go there again. Hopefully my truck will be out of paint jail by then, this rain is putting a real damper (pun intended) on finishing my dash repaint. I was shaking the quart of paint and the rain came, dang.:mad: image.jpg image.jpg

3. txturbo

txturbo

July 12th @ Magnolia Grill is good for me.

4. txturbo

txturbo

Hey guys.....every Friday night there is a street meet at Freddy's Steakburger from 7-10pm. It's located on the south side of I10 just west of Hwy 99 (Grand Parkway). Music, free soft drink and a few awards given out. I take the Ratty Caddy out there every Friday and feed on a steak burger. It's open to vehicles 1989 and older.

5. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

The 12th sounds good. Magnolia Grill, what time?

6. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

7. txturbo

txturbo

9am would work for me.

8. txturbo

txturbo

They are cool places. I ate at one in Pittsburgh a few years ago.

9. We need to decide if we want to go to the location in Magnolia or Montgomery, either one is fine with me. Fred you could use the Hardy Toll Road if you want to venture out here in the country, the menu doesn't look too "Yuppy" to me.:D Maybe we can get Brokenspoke to wander down from his cattle ranch.
    http://www.magnoliadiner.com/menus.html
    [​IMG]

10. txturbo

txturbo

One vote for Magnolia

11. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

2nd that vote. On a off subject, I place a photo in my album of my 2 carb / intake set-up for the truck.

12. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I'm all in for either location

13. Holler next time you go out there...that's like 5 min from the house.

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That's a heck of a drive in a T Bucket for breakfast. BUT, doable. I'll know for sure next week. I've been working the last couple weekends. Hopefully the end of that is this week.

Yuppies. Hippies. It's all good, as long as the food is.:D

15. 12th in Magnolia sounds good to me...

16. I drove over there about 8:30pm last Friday and saw nobody...

17. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

I'm going this Friday night, being the 4th of July, it may be a little lite on people that night.

18. Anybody meeting up this Saturday night?

19. Im thinking about Niftee Fiftee's Saturday night. Any update on the garage tour?

20. When do you think you will show up if you go?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. Uhhh, didn't make it Saturday night. My wife and I spent the day running around town in the blue truck. Started at Torchy's for breakfast and didn't get home until late. And for those that know the story, I didn't park you know where.:eek:

Attached Files:

22. txturbo

txturbo

They didn't have it last Friday night due to the holiday. 8:30 is a little late to show up. Most people leave around 8.

23. txturbo

txturbo

Next one is July 11th. We usually get there about 6:30-6:45.

24. ok... I am barely home by then but will try to make it. Went for a ride yesterday and got caught in a down pour. Couldn't shut my front windshield and reminded me of my maiden voyage to Spanish Flowers when it rained. A little clean up is needed now... Better than burning up I guess...

25. Mark, did you ever hear back from The Continental Club about when they are actually doing their event? We have cleared our calendars for that weekend. If you hear anything post it up so the rest of the Houston area HAMBers can plan to show up for some cars, music, cold drinks and friends hangin' out.

26. Gregg, See below... limited parking so pre-register asap.

Hey Mark,
    Great looking cars! Our website has a typo thanks for pointing it out. The event is actually July 24, 25th and 26th. The car show will be on July 26th during the day.

Cars can start arriving around 10:00 am and the address is
    3700 Main Street
    Houston Texas 77002
    Thanks,
    Big E

27. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

Head count. Is breakfast still a go for July 12th in Magnolia? Bob & I will be in my coupe.

28. txturbo

txturbo

I'm still hungry....but I don't know what I will be driving. Ratty Caddy has sprung a trans fluid leak and it looks like it maybe the front seal. The other Caddy is all legal now but hasn't been thoroughly road tested.

29. Magnolia location, what time?

30. I'm shooting for 0830-0900, are your club members coming as well? Tell your uncle to join us, it's not too far from Bryan/College Station. Fred are you going to join us?