Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Anyone interested in a Houston HAMBer's Meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gwhite, Jan 11, 2013.

1. txturbo

txturbo

I must have missed the heavy rain. Left about 2:30.

2. o yeah... it hit about 3-3:15 I believe... came down hard for a while, had to wait it out in the car. Then those drunken idiots that showed up in the Chevelles started doing burn outs behind me in the wet grass. That's when I left. Muscle cars just don't fit in at hotrod shows. I liked the show when it was in New Caney... not so much now. 8:30 - 6pm makes for a long day...
    ok... I am done complaining...
    Gregg mentioned something about a possible breakfast meeting this coming weekend? I am going to be on the road going after my ride up in Kansas City, hopefully I will drive it to the next breakfast meeting.

3. SpazTaztic

SpazTaztic

Yeah- one of those Chevelle guys in particular backed into a ditch and started spinning out... was going to offer help to get him out thinking it was those rubber band tires he had just not getting traction. Then I saw him pull out and get deeper into the ditch intentionally... spinning out and throwing mud on a few other vehicles. I think a fight would have broken out if the owners saw.

4. I thought we were looking at breakfast on Saturday the 7th!?!?

5. satan'schariot

satan'schariot

Yeah I was parked behind that F,up doing the mud burnouts and he got close to getting his teeth knocked in ,I was already in a bad mood getting the interior of my Studebaker wet.

6. well... I was hoping my negative attitude towards these guys wasn't going to upset some of you but, sounds like I wasn't alone. To begin with they showed up 2 hours late then started barking orders wanting more room for their cars. Pre-'64 is the only was to rid ourselves of this stuff I guess....

7. We kind of talked up Torchy's Tacos in the heights, Saturday June 7th at 8-9 o'clock.

8. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

The H-Bombs 10th anniversary show is on Saturday June 14th from 3pm til 10pm at the Pearland VFW!

4202 W. Walnut St. Pearland 77581

The infamous Sam Navarro and his Lonestar Devils will be providing the tunes along with a DJ to keep things hoppin.

Also... There will be a pin-up girl contest, you are welcome to bring your own BBQ and no fee to get in. However, this is a benefit show so please feel free to donate and help those in need.

For more info call 281-997-1097

I'm goin for sure!!!!!!

9. txturbo

txturbo

Looks like I'm booked up for the next two Saturdays unless something changes. This Saturday I have to get my NEW headliner fixed and the following Saturday I'll be at the Conroe swap meet.

10. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I'm going to conroe swap meet the 7th

11. I'll do Conroe Friday, Torchy's Saturday. Bill I haven't forgotten about checking on the 40 wheels.

12. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

Look like the weather will be good for breakfast or Conroe this weekend. See ya'll at torchy.

13. Sweet, thanks for the reminder about Conroe...guess I'll head out Friday, going to try to make Torchy's on Saturday.

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I roll with those guys and will be setting up. It's at the VFW hall, it's FREE and it's going to be on Flag Day! How do you NOT go to that? USA! USA!

15. I am in...

Fred, what is the cut off year for cars at this show? My uncle is coming to town to pick up a '62 falcon pickup he bought from my neighbor. I would like him to drive it so he doesn't have to ride with me.

Mark

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

The H-Bombs are VERY flexible, when it comes to their events. This isn't really a show, it's more of a gathering to honor dads and cars. Yes, the older the better, but stockers and newer cars (done well) are let in. If there was a cut off date, I'd say 1980 and that's not set in stone. They are car guys, not politicians. Plus, it's free. So, if a 2014 Camaro shows up, and the owner doesn't mind the nasty stares, he'll still be greeted with a smile and pointed to the back row. Just kidding about the "back row" comment.:D But it better be a bad ass 2014 Camaro.

The H-Bomb's let common sense guide the vehicle owner. So far, everyone knows by looking, whether they can post up or not.

17. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Thanks for the heads up, I know in the past there has been a gathering around Father's day. 14th is my b-day so I'm going to try and get out there for a bit.

18. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

Head count, who's going to Touchy's , Bob will be in his truck, I'll be in the 34. Gregg & gwhite are in, who else.

19. Mark, You better quit picking on CL

20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

What time?

21. Between 8:00-9:00 Sat. morning

22. ha... well he gives as good as he gets... promise you that...

he just told me the Bluebonnets are having their show that weekend. Since he lives in B/CS he will likely head back for that.

23. I thought the Bluebonnets came out earlier in the year..J/K, are you guys going to Torchy's?

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Okay, I'll be at Torchy's around 8. I hate the parking around there, but the food will make up for it. It's funny, I'll pass 2 or 3 AUTHENTIC Mexican breakfast joints on the way to Yuppie Mex.:D

25. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

Fred, there's parking in the rear.

26. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That's what I meant.:D I'll get a spot on the street side.

27. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Had another great time. Thanks to all who showed up. I was going to go to the Chic-fi-la meet up, but decided to go to the cancer benefit instead. I'll make plans to check it out another time.

28. Good to see everyone that showed this morning for the breakfast run. Had a great time.

29. The "incriminating" photos need to be posted. A.S.A.P.