Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Anyone going to the Denver swap meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty rocket, Jan 30, 2015.

1. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

As said in the title is anyone heading to the swap and what should a guy expect? We have a few guys that are going to head down from the Black Hills.

2. j3harleys

j3harleys

You will have great time. Its a big swap meet for this region,but nothing like Pomona or Hershey. Its all inside so it does't matter how deep the snow is. Usually has a good car corral and lots of places to sit and relax. The restaurant actually has a pretty good Hamburger for reasonable price. Have fun and a safe trip

3. fatkoop

fatkoop

Best swap meet of the year around here. Takes all day to look thru everything, lots of walking (all indoors). Sometimes I even find something I can afford, or actually need!

4. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Thanks guys. So what is there to look at race car stuff, hot rod or abit of everything?

5. j3harleys

j3harleys

There will be some of every thing there. Its the same as all swap meets a lot of stuff gets sold and just goes to another table and gets a higher price. Prices on Sunday go down on some stuff but if you find something you need you better buy when you see it. Are you looking for anything in particular.

6. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I think we are coming just for the event. A few of us have heard about the swap for years so we thought we should make are way down and see what its all about. As far as certain parts we are looking for theres nothing that comes to mind.

7. j3harleys

j3harleys

You will have a good time, Its an all day event . I meet a guy that lives out by Black Hawk with a 5w project at Pinkees kick off party this last summer can't remember his name do you know him. I wanted to visit with him while in Sturgis this year.

8. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Doesnt ring a bell and I live in Black Hawk! Between the swap meet and our pub crawling I know it will be a good time.

9. j3harleys

j3harleys

Looks like the weather will be good while your here. Have fun

10. Hey T let me know how it turns out some told me it was pretty good so we talked about going. Your buddy T

11. How about more information on this swap. Location, date and time?
    Thanks

12. nickleone

nickleone

google TRI STATE SWAP MEET DENVER CO

13. Daddy_O

Daddy_O

14. Creighton

Creighton
    from Denver
    1. Colorado H.A.M.Bers

I'll be there in a booth in the corner, just like in school as a kid, with 50's oldsmobile parts and chevy truck parts all weekend.
    Stop by and say hey hambr!

15. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

I have been going to this swap since I was a kid. I always like going. Lots of vendors. Sometimes I even found something I need. Drive safe and have a good time. Maybe I will meet some HAMBers in person. I will be keeping an eye out for banger parts.

16. Normally would be there but it's my drill weekend with the reserves. We are in the process of moving back to Rapid City and can't wait to get there. Hoping to be there by May. We are coming up 12 Feb to look at some houses and haul a load up from the garage and shed. It was my first duty station(1998-2006) when I was active duty USAF. Have always wanted to come back and God has finally allowed to happen.

17. nickleone

nickleone

Sunday is the Super Bowl. Last time that coincided with swap meet there were fewer vendors on Sunday.

Nick