Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Anyone currently working on a station wagon?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

I love Stude wagon, you rarely see them these days. We had a couple when I was growing up. I would love to find one now after my Stude truck gets done.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. Fixing a few things on this hot Sunday afternoon. Doing a rebuild on the auto trans so that's why it's in the air. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. HRP - Wagon threads pull me in every time.:cool:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. Man,that's a good looking wagon. HRP

[​IMG]

5. Please post a photo. HRP

6. just doing small stuff on these two DSC02118.JPG DSC02153.JPG .... I guess there never really finished... works in progress.

7. Dominick Hide

Dominick Hide

Technically, according to Ford and the DMV mine's a truck, never the less just heading out to try and get a little work done on it this afternoon. IMG_2456.JPG

8. I'm pretty good at getting distracted, so my wagon gets put behind as I find other stuff. It started as a roller that had been cannibalized for its v8 and 4speed (factory- went into a 64 impala before I got it) to all rebuilt suspension, brakes, cooling, fuel, a big block and super T10, then sold big block and built a 327 in it now. Put about 20 miles on the big block before I was certain I didn't like it. A pair of 64 Malibu buckets in front and trying to decide on a 3rd row seat or not? Rally wheels with 67 disc brake caps and a roof rack to top it off. Depending on the day it gets called the Family Truckster or that M F'ing money pit!

9. magnus svensson

magnus svensson
    from sweden

i just bought the the car. And I was wondering about the history, the car has a lot of crome details the engine mount and trim around the windows and the splash [​IMG][​IMG]aprons

rob-redm, jw179251 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  10. metalman

metalman

Just slightly ot but a friend of mine just sent me pics of a 65 Coronet 2 door hardtop wagon. Guy did a great job building it, you would swear it was factory. Really a cool looking car, black with Cragers. I'd post a pic of it if A: I could figure out how to get it off my phone and B: it wouldn't get deleted for being ot.

11. buford_59

buford_59

Love any of the wagon sites. They get the juices flowing and make me want to get in the shop. I have a '61 Rambler Cross Country Classic Wgn. that's ready to go as soon as this frickin' snow leaves. It's an original barn find.
    Also waiting to get in the shop, (gotta finish stripping the donor car first), is my '59 Invicta wgn. It's got a 401 4bbl. The 401 is being saved for my son' 28A. Can't afford to re build the engine and tranny, so it's getting an OT drive train from a '92 Caprice sedan. I know, I know it's sacrilege to put a Chev in a Buick but I've got a '65 340 Buick small block to put in when I get everything lined up. The small block has more torque and hp than the (ugh) 305 and will have enough power to lumber down the highway. Besides getting the car running, plans are for 62-64 era buckets (they look nice and I am 6-4 and my wife is 5-5) and up grade the braking system etc.
    As soon as I learn how to down-load pics I will. I'm known as the Wagonmaster for organizing rod tours, but also 'cause I've owned 14 Wagons.
    P.S. Dennis O'Brien, I'm raiding your Wgn. stock when Deb and I come for a visit.

DoUg Bedford

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. 1low52

1low52

Been driving the wheels off mine for the most part but it's currently at buddies getting shiney paint. 100_3880.JPG

13. papajohn

papajohn

Slowly plugging away on the 60 Olds wagoon.... 20170112_162024.jpg 20170112_131821.jpg 20170112_162024.jpg 20170112_131821.jpg 20160313_151319_001.jpg

14. '65 is considered ON TOPIC. HRP

15. Mine's up on stands waiting on a fresh trannie due to an alfull strong poly and foot ......damn not sure what I'm going to do with all the stuff stored I've stored inside !

Bruce Fischer and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  16. Tommy Wren

Tommy Wren

17. Rebel City 19

Rebel City 19

One of these for sale in my town (Jacksonville) but it has a lot of cancer he was 3,500

Sent from my Z981 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. NAES

NAES

[​IMG][​IMG]

Rebuilt the center steering pin steering arm on the Chrysler. The butthole pucker factor is infinitely reduced! Test drive down to the Big 3 in San Diego was nothing short of joyous.

Sent from my SM-N910V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. VonGhoul

VonGhoul
    from SW Florida

20. -Jesse-

-Jesse-

My '52 Chevy. Next step 4-door to 2-door conversion and chop

[​IMG]

21. OK, Danny here we go. DSCN2677.JPG DSCN2738.JPG DSCN2738.JPG DSCN2677.JPG DSCN2738.JPG DSCN2738.JPG DSCN2740.JPG

22. JaBoney

JaBoney

That's a good-looking Chevy wagon and I love the dark green cool

Sent from my XT1650 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. MoparTobi

MoparTobi
    from Macon, Ga

Dang man, I misread your post and just spent the last hour looking for a 65 Coronet 2 door hardtop wagon. LOL, please post the pictures if you can! I thought maybe they made one and was going have to find one and buy it, whew.

24. Tommy , kinda looks like mine when I 1 st got it.How is it going with it?Thanks Bruce. 00o0o_82PxJSvNBPi_600x450-1.jpeg

25. Most of you know on here I am a station wagon guy. I traded my Oldsmobile station wagon for the 56 Chrysler Windsor.The 56 Chrysler is a good old solid car but boy I sure do miss my station wagons. I would trade the 56 Chrysler back for another station wagon in a heart beat.Bruce. 001.JPG

Ford52PU likes this.
  26. Gathering parts for my wife's 59 two door wagon . Had a 60 years ago and hated the x frame . Got a chassis build for it .
    Will finish my COE this year and should be able to jump right on her wagon . Sorry motor is OT but it is for my wife . The rest of the car will be very traditional. Blue
    IMG_0484.JPG DSC00871.JPG IMG_0283.JPG DSC00332.JPG

27. jhutch

jhutch

I've been working on my oil pan in my 62 Bel Air Wagon. I owe the post I started a couple weeks back an update but I'm taking my time. This x-frame business has significantly complicated the simplicity of changing a gasket. I should have i back together this week and then it'll be off the exhaust shop.

28. rustymetal

rustymetal

IMG_0259.JPG building a 427 side oiler for this 57 , wondering what would be the best manifold or headers to use

29. metalman

metalman

Damn, proud of myself, figured out how to get pics off my phone! Here's the pics of that Coronet 2 dr hardtop wagon conversion I brought up before. Real impressed with the proportions, really does look factory, maybe Dodge should of made these. Pull this off and paint it gloss black, must be a heck of a body guy! 1084.jpeg 1081.jpeg 1078.jpeg

30. gene-koning

gene-koning

My son's 57 Dodge. Pulled the 5.9 Magnum (360) out to get the car repainted back in the fall, and the paint guy has put him off. So, it will probably be in primer this year. My so has decided he wants a modern Hemi in the wagon now, so the truck supplying the motor & trans is sitting on my driveway. The Hemi will be going in in about a month, we are waiting for the special ordered parts to arrive.
    The car is pretty off topic. will be EFI 5.7 Hemi, OD computer trans, has 4 wheel disc brakes, and modern seats in a pretty much rust free west coast body. The car will be his summer driver. Gene

Attached Files: