Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody know where I can get this terminal block?!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny1290, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

I like this block from MAD Enterprises, but I don't know if they'll re-open. [​IMG]

Does anybody know where I can get one that's similar? I've seen some on e bay or jegs catalog for $15, but I refuse to spend that much on these without at last trying to find it cheaper. MAD gets $7 with connectors, maybe old price but still. Thanks!

EDIT-I forgot all about Radio Shack. It's worth a shot, they might have it.

EDIT: here's what MAD says about it:The well-equipped car should have at least three of these terminal blocks. Install one under the hood on the firewall. Route the heavy gauge alternator out-put wire directly to the terminal block. And from the terminal block route a charging wire to battery POS. Connect the dash Main power-up here also, with a Fusible Link wire for short circuit protection. Connect Other Fusible Links here for Fan Relays, Headlight Relays, Fuel pump relays, and any other systems that need full 14 volts.

Then mount two more terminal blocks under the dash Wire battery POS directly to one, and ignition switched ON/OFF to the other. These two under the dash are perfect for wiring gauges, sound system, and other accessories.

Hotrodjohn71 likes this.
  2. Twisted6

Twisted6

Heck go to any junk/bone yard and pull it from a chevy Van, truck, even some car had blocks kinda like the on the fire wall near the master. All it is Is a bulk connector Nothing special.

Hotrodjohn71 likes this.
  3. Foul

Foul

mcmaster-carr?

4. hotrodhomework

hotrodhomework

Gm.Go to the dealer find the oldest guy there.Ask for standard parts(for GM) book it has it.It was a on the firewall of 1974-1977 Gm truck.I have 4 junk ones they all have it.

Hotrodjohn71 likes this.

5. 53choptop

53choptop

So your saying MAD Electrical closed down? hhmm. i had ordered several parts from that company, quality product, great service.

Hotrodjohn71 likes this.
  6. storm king

storm king

Terminal Supply, a regular vendor at PRI and SEMA; are a great source, with helpful people. 1-800-989-9632. They have one similar; p/n 20301. Also just got a catalog from Del City; 1-800-654-4757, they carry a bunch of good stuff also. Both outfits have enough switches, terminals, connectors, etc to make the vast majority of HAMBER's totally geek out. I'll bet everyone could get free catalogs out of both firms.

Hotrodjohn71 likes this.
  7. 53choptop

53choptop

WOW, very handy..thanks Storm King
    Rey

Hotrodjohn71 likes this.
  8. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

That's awesome thank you storm king and everybody else that helped!

I've tried to get ahold of MAD for months. I heard on another forum the owner was unfortunately very ill. I've only heard nice things about him.

Hotrodjohn71 likes this.
  9. BobbyV

BobbyV
    from Tulsa

Hotrodjohn71 likes this.
  10. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Hotrodjohn71 likes this.
  11. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

I use them all the time--GM part # 10098794--they come in a box of ten--and the're cheap--like a buck or 2 apiece if I remember right.I buy em from my local Chevy guy--but any GM dealer can get that #.

Hotrodjohn71 and abe lugo like this.
  12. dosswallace

dosswallace

Check Allied Electronics. They have several different types.

Hotrodjohn71 likes this.
  13. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Done! Just bought a 10 pack of them for $27.10 delivered from gmpartsdirect.com.

The local dealer wanted like $4.70 each or $27 for a ten pack but I'd have to wait. I decided to go with the online place

They're like $1.60 each but throw on $11 shipping and there ya go. I'll have some left over so I'll just put em up for sale in the classifieds.

Also a 2 pole junction box is GM part #3996270 for the 2 pole junction block

Thanks hotrodwille! You saved the day!

Hotrodjohn71 likes this.