Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody build a slip roller from scratch?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Magnumcharger, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Magnumcharger

Magnumcharger

Lotsa talk about making sheet metal brakes and the like, but...I'm looking to make an 8' sheet metal slip roller.

Has anybody done it?

2. RICH B

RICH B
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Bengels Hot Rod Seat Frames

Didn't make it; but had a home made 10' roller where I used to work. Came from dump body company we bought out. We rolled up 8 gauge with it a couple times. If I remember right it had 6" rollers with 2-1/2" or 3" shafts running in steel blocks with brass bushings. It had #80 chain sprockets linking the rollers. We turned it with a 3/4" drive ratchet and pipe.

3. Magnumcharger

Magnumcharger

I'd love to see a picture of that!

4. koolkemp

koolkemp

My buddy bought his, I think from Busy Bee Tools...he uses it more than his English wheel !

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. cruzingratiot

cruzingratiot
    from Detroit MI

6. toolman1967

toolman1967

I built a quick and easy one using three leftover Harley fork tubes,bushings and a set of bicycle sprockets and chain. A customer came in and bought it not long after I built it. I need to get busy and do another one. Motorcycle parts are cheap sources for the tubing for tools like these. My bead roller gears are from a blown out motorcycle tranny.

7. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Thanks for the tips. I'll have to do a new inventory from a different view of my scrap pile before it goes to the crusher.

Ed