Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Anderegg Roadster TRIBUTE-MEMORIAL build and info, AMBR 1955

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by ANDEREGG TRIBUTE, Nov 5, 2009.

1. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

Hey again Louie,

I don't know if you've seen it, but here is another testament to the longevity of this little hot rod!! From the Summer 1964(!!!!) Popular Customs mag. I scanned the cover, so you know which issue, and the "blurb". I tried to get it as large as I could while staying clear (hopefully).:cool:

Also...."Ron"? Is that a typo?

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

No it shouldnt be a typo....dont forget the space between the c and R and WOW, Thanks for the heads up, this thing never ceases to amaze me, going to start looking for it immediately, Thanks a bunch for keeping it in the back of your mind.:):D

3. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Well a bit more progress on some stuff over the last few weeks, finally got the headers all done, and the collectors/head pipes. The left side was a real trick snaking around the clutch and brake components. Fitted the hood, and installed the latches, now its just waiting for all the louvers. Waiting on a few parts for the clutch and brake linkages, finishing the exhaust, then on to fabbing the steel floor, trans tunnel, and seat riser. Thanks for checking in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  4. chop32

chop32

I was just a little late...here is the same 1955 photo with descriptions from the show program attached. This was taken from a photographers scrapbook of his Roadster Show pics that we were fortunate enough to make copies of.

Attached Files:

5. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Hey, Louie,

It's really starting to take shape, now...:cool:

6. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Well its finally seeing the light of day, all loaded up to take tomorrow to get its VIN engraved:D:D:D[​IMG]

7. Von Franco

Von Franco

Awsome man ..thanks for the up date..........

8. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Thanks VF....sorry never called back, been bustin my butt on this thing to get it to this point, it was great yakkin at ya, and I'll put those paint chips in the mail this week...

9. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Gettin' "numbered":D:D:D
    [​IMG]

10. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

a bit more done....exhaust figured out, pretty happy with it, only thing below the frame are the chrome tips....bit more welding and fabbing the hangers.
    [​IMG]

11. R&C RON

R&C RON

Louie
    It looks like your making good progress. You inspire me to get to the garage.
    ROD&CUSTOM RON

12. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Well as far as the lil roadster goes, got the exhaust all done, and now on to the floor boards, and finishing up the clutch linkage, (which is now looking more like its going to be cable operated). But the big news for those that didnt notice is our new screen name!!!!!
    ANDEREGG TRIBUTE, much more appropriate and will look great on a HAMB plaque!! Big thanks to Ryan for considering my request, and making it so.

Thanks for checking in...:D:D:D

13. VonWegener

VonWegener

Very interesting. What do the numbers look like? I assume that's a highway patrol officer working that blue contraption? Please elaborate.

14. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Actually thats the DMV vin inspector/scale house attendant. He programs the new vin and date into that thing and it basically hammers in a series of center punch marks that create letters and numbers. Then they give you a tag and special rivits that match. So far a relatively easy process getting this thing legal......so far anyway, the main thing is keeping all your receipts, it will be titled and insured similar to a kit car, which is what Nevada considers it with a fabricated frame.

15. VonWegener

VonWegener

Verrrry interesting! Thank you for explaining it.

16. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

A bit more done over the past few days....damn this crap is hard, and I'm usually pretty good at thinking a few steps ahead, but a few is nowhere near enough. Thought I had the battery box all figured out, and the back edge ended up an inch into the third member casting:mad::mad:, so time to revamp that, there is no room in these things at all...and dont get me started on the problems I am already foreseeing regarding the e-brake. Oh well till next time, thanks for checking in....
    [​IMG]

And one more from the day I got it rolling.....a great view of the lil roadster:D

[​IMG]

17. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Lil update....
    Kinda monkeyed around the other night trying to recreate some mag pics to see if all the proportions were right, looked pretty decent, although I believe my wheelbase to be about 1.5" longer as I stretched the hood a bit, and the caster I dialed in pushed the axle forward a bit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and worked on the fuel tank a bit...
    [​IMG]

18. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

PicknPull 1/2 price day pretty good to us today....:):):)

Picked up a caravan center seat, fits perfectly, and some seat belts, and a really simple wiring harness out of a jeep mail truck.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    kidcampbell71 and dana barlow like this.
  19. Neat little car. Looking great. I've always liked the Anderegg roadster too.

I'm keen to keep an eye on your progress.

CM

20. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Quicky update....(If you havent seen thishttp://jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595887) I totally scored a '65 283, short block for absolutely dirt cheap! So going to freshen it up a bit, throw some paint on it, reassemble and introduce it to the lil roadster:D:D:D Totally stoked, hopefully it will like my old circle track lopey solid lifter cam! I cant wait to hear it run.

[​IMG]

21. R&C RON

R&C RON

Louie....I just got an old car club newsletter and it lists Ray's roadster at the Lodi Championship Drags. The newsletter is from Oct. 1954.​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Ron, that is so awesome, I will have to pick Uncle Ray's brain about this. Thanks a million!!!

23. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Looking good so far!!
    I bought a bunch of negatives from the late 1950s and 1960s. One of the photos was of the Andregg roadster. I guess this is taken around 1960. Do you know what show it might be?

[​IMG]

24. R&C RON

R&C RON

I just got a scrapbook with some 1955 Grand National Roadster show memorbilia that includes a newspaper story about the Winners. Pretty cool stuff!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME, YOU DO INDEED LEAD A CHARMED LIFE.....AND YES I AM YELLING!!!!!!! Thanks Ron

26. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

I wonder what exactly constituted a "sports roadster" class 600?

27. R&C RON

R&C RON

By looking in this scrapbook it appears this Verne Williams owned a Hillman Minx? Some sort of sports car he used for Rallys & Racing.

28. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Just a tiny update. A bit of progress going on as we are planning on taking the car to the Super Sunday by the River show put on by the Merced Valve Burners in Snelling, California on Sept 11th. Dont know how much will be done as of right now, but at least it will be at a show. Chip Quinn of Phoenix (HAMBer, need louvers ?) has the hood and hood sides and is working his louver magic on them as we speak. He was very excited at the opportunity of being involved in our build. I have finally scabbed enough pieces to start the windshield fitting, and the car showed up in print again...in the "Ultimate Hot Rod Dictionary" under the definition of a "coupester"....thought that was kool. thanks for checking in....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. I remember seeing that car in Popular Mechanics or similar mag before I was aware that I was into cars, I'm thinking 57-58 or so, fell in love with it

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Just wanted to let everyone following this thread know that the hood and side panels are on their way back to Louie... I'd show some picts but I'm having a tough time loading pictures on this computer. I'm sure you'll all see them soon!

Stogy likes this.