Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Alllllll the Longroofs.....Let's see 'em boys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ♠Stovebolt♠, Oct 3, 2003.

1. I'll play! How the wagon sits now. Working on putting the side trim on soon.
    [​IMG]

JFK Killer, mr57, i.rant and 4 others like this.
  2. That looks great! HRP

3. moonami

moonami

Progress on the 58. Thanks to all for the wheel advice. Went w 17x7 front and 17x8 rear.

Attached Files:

Texas57, Cruisin' and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  4. Thank you! It's a work in progress.

5. das858

das858

20151109_130658.jpg Got some fresh paint on the back half of my 1964 Dodge 330 wagon.

Attached Files:

6. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

You need something funky to fill that hitch receiver.

7. das858

das858

We are planning to use the wagon to pull our front engine dragster in my avatar eventually, hopefully by next season. Our digger is pretty funky!

Cruisin' likes this.
  8. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

That would be funky!

9. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

12196121_10205299006370326_8248636006702133967_n.jpg
    Found this on facebook....What a way to go for your last ride!

10. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1447383959.502127.jpg
    I owned this 62 country sedan back in 1999/2000. Havent seen it in a while, it showed up at the bayou roundup. It was cool to see it again.

11. OLSKOOL32

OLSKOOL32

12. 1960 Studebaker Lark V8 wagon....just bought (few months ago) for the girlfriend.
    1.JPG 9.JPG

Maverick Daddy and LeoH like this.
  13. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Nice ride 1oldtimer. The steering wheel horn button and the grille emblem say it's a '59 though. I so want to get my dash to look like it's supposed do...like yours. New Dash photos 003.jpg

14. I thought it looked odd, I'm still learning about Studebakers. The tag says 1960, V8 with regal package. But all the chrome is gone from the nose.

LeoH likes this.
  15. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

There were 2 options, Deluxe and Regal. Deluxe was a standard level and Regal was the upgrade. I know some things. The chrome missing around your grille, and around the headlights might have been a repaint to look like the Deluxe instead of getting pitted chrome redone. Frankly, there are times when I do NOT like the extra chrome inside the car in a city with over 300 days of sunshine a year. ;) Depending on when the car was built, I guess it's possible it was an end of the year '59 with some '60 bits installed. If you you haven't tried, the Studebaker National Museum can have an original production order copy made for you, so you can see what was originally on the car when ordered. Sometimes that will clear up some things and it often creates new questions!
    I know there were differences between the '59 and the '60, so some things may be due to those. The dashpad on my car SHOULD look like yours, but obviously it cost more for whoever had my interior restored to have that done and they chose to skip it. The Deluxe had only horn bars across the 2 spokes and not a half ring on the horn, it also had white or black knobs on the instruments and lighter, instead of the metal chrome knobs both our cars have. The Regal also had the knee 'padding' on both our cars that the Deluxe skipped. You do have the original parking brake handle. Someone at some point had a metal handled brake from another car year installed in this car. I sort of am glad of that incorrect install. 2 obvious ways to tell a '59 from '60 1st Generation Lark is, the badge in the grille was in the center on the '59 and to one side in the '60 and the horn button in the '59 still used a Hawk badge and didn't have its own Lark symbol until '60.

JOYFLEA likes this.
  16. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Is your engine the 259 or the 289? Frankly, the Six has done well enough for us, as far as using the car as an in town commuting vehicle. Having the OD though definitely makes a huge difference in driveability. My first '60 Lark VI did NOT have an OD. It got the job done, but it has to have had a different rear ratio in it considering how I drove it and that I don't remember it sounding like it screamed all the time. I would take it up to Donner Summit after school on Fridays for night skiing. Ahh, the days when a trunk on an economy car could actually hold a pair of skiis!

17. slammed

slammed

12241444_1201465036533910_8606089447270472979_n.jpg Street Freak. If that is too much, just keep on trucking.

18. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I just got around to loading these pics onto my computer , so I figured I'd share them here .
    The car belongs to my friends Bobby and Merrilee , and is a pretty rare dog , so I understand . It's a 1959 Rambler Rebel . They've had it about a year now . I worked on getting it to run better and more reliably after they got it . It's in awesome condition and is all original except for the new radial tires and vintage air - which they added to make it a nicer ride for them and their great dane :) . I'd rock that sucker in a heartbeat . Here are some pics - enjoy , wagon lovers !

[​IMG]

Look at that grille !

[​IMG]

All original tri-color interior

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even the dash is darn cool !

[​IMG]

19. She's a beauty! Bet they didn't find it in PA in that condition.

20. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Actually, they did buy it locally, but I'm SURE it didn't "come" from PA ... It's waaaay too nice

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  21. slammed

slammed

5973504759_b55acf238f_z.jpg Original type paint faded & weathered by time. And most all of it is not rust, this is 'patina'.

22. slammed

slammed

1960_chevrolet_parkwood_wagon4.jpg Stance that's tuff to beat. Lumpy cam would seal the deal.

23. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

24. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

I can't tell. Push button automatic transmission? BEAUTIFUL car. That's about as close to brand new looking as you could get. I hope they plan to actively take it out to shows. WOW.

loudbang and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  25. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

Back in the day, the Rambler Rebel was a strong runner. Surprised lots of people.

26. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Wow, simply wow. I'd give my left you-know-what to own her and take her to Tahoe's Emerald Bay. What a beautiful shot. Congrats!

droppedstepside likes this.
  27. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Yup, it's a push button auto. A bit confusing to use till you get used to it with starting and reversing , but interesting. It is very original . It would be a shame to change anything. They plan to use the wagon as much as possible , which is great. They also have a 56 Chevy that they've had for many years (from the west coast) , but needed something to haul their big dog around. He said he was going to find a cool wagon, and he suprised even me , lol !

Heck yea , that little v-8 really scoots along !

LeoH and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  28. slammed

slammed

29. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

More pics please!!!!!