Register now to get rid of these ads!

All Aluminum, Hand Built, Ferrari V-12 Powered = Breathtaking.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Babar40

Babar40
    from Florida

I am fortunate enough to see and drive Ferrari's all day long, but that car is absolutely inspiring! What craftsmanship!

2. 4ever18

4ever18

It's just money..... I wish I could have said or typed that with a straight face. It's a beautiful car, built with beautiful workmanship. Both far beyond my talents and fanancial resources. Thanks for sharing the photos. They show what can be done with tools, several pieces of metal, and a dream. A hearty "Well Done" to all involved in this project.

3. Labold

Labold

I love a low buck build.

4. HealeyRick

HealeyRick
    from Mass.

Except some of those swoopy original Italian cars apparently relied on a lot more mud work than this build did. Beautiful cratsmanship! Nice looking son, too.

5. I was out at Steve's shop back in July and had the pleasure to speak with Steve and the craftsman (I can't remember his name (STUPID-Stupid-Stupid!))

Anyway, I think the is for Zaushner(SP?) they found an engine from a Daytona or similar vintage front engine car, and decided to build a car around it. The body and chassis are all hand crafted at the shop, it is built in a Supper-Leggera style, with many American suspension components that were then ground down to look like original pieces. Then the skin was all hand rolled and hammerformed into that lovely shape.

The other small silver car behind it is also made by the same man, I believe it had a Ford Zetec engine in it and again the body and chassis were all hand formed to be what appears as one wicked fast little car.

They are amazing craftsmen at that shop.

6. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Congrats on the new little guy! Another future rodder!

7. Spark Plug

Spark Plug
    from Duvall, WA

WOW! That is nothing but SEXY!

8. superleggera

superleggera

9. Spectacular! I´m really glad they didn´t put some modern alloy wheels on it - that would have killed it.

10. This past weekend, Bill Grimsley's GATTO badge.jpg was prominently displayed in the Moal Coachbuilders logo.jpg "corner" at the Goodguys West Coast Nationals in Pleasanton, California ... here's a few snapshots:

Moal Gatto @ Goodguys West Coast Nats '10.jpg Moal Gatto @ Goodguys West Coast Nats '10 - 'Trunk' (with 15 gal fuel tank).jpg
    Moal Gatto @ Goodguys West Coast Nats '10 - Nose ~ Grille.jpg Moal Gatto @ Goodguys West Coast Nats '10 - Engine ('64 Ferrari GT 250 V-12).jpg Moal Gatto @ Goodguys West Coast Nats '10 - Dash.jpg
    click thumbnails to enlarge

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I heard he paid $150,000.00 for that intake.

12. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Wow, that's gorgeous! (how the hell do you get a spare engine from a GT250?????)

13. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

God thats amazing.
    I love it
    Sad thing is you can see how big of a piggy bank it takes to own that car.. mine is nowhere near that size:(

Thank God it was built so we could all enjoy it!!!

Attached Files:

14. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

By finding somebody who has one and offering a staggeringly large amount of money for it.

(Okay, that makes it sound easier than it probably was.)

:cool:

15. Adam.Perrault

Adam.Perrault
    from Phoenix AZ

Damn, I was in Pleasanton for that show and I missed this. I have been looking at pictures for too long. Wish I would of seen it.
    The show had some good cars though.