Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration A Walther For Your Hot Rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plhildy

plhildy
    from Clovis, Ca

Deto, You just live in the wrong part of California. Local sheriff here caries applications in her car to hand out to citizens. Ya I have one.

2. Unintended side benefit from reading this.... Just checked my carry permit..time to renew.

3. tripleduece

tripleduece
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Making a "pop out" drawer for the new seat in the '50...
    A little over kill since there is always a .45 in my waist... But you never know! Lol

4. NiteOwlChris

NiteOwlChris

I recomend a WWII colt 1911. Its a period gun that a solider could have brought home after the war.... Me my self I carry a USP HK45, the Navy Seals use a similar side arm.

5. Thanks shadams, It's nice to hear. You know it's kinda funny because when we came back from Nam I actually had a guy spit on me when I was in uniform at the airport, never really heard a kind word about being there for over 35 years, now everyone thanks all those who serve, that's a very good thing, it's like the old saying," don't condem the warrior, condem the war. I think it's like anything else, none of us are looking for praise, just some respect, it's nice to see it come. The best part is that I did and still would fight for your right to carry, even if I don't agree with the law. Now if you'll excuse me I'll step down from my soapbox and go back to the garage. And while I'm working on the roadster I'll think about everyones rights, and thank all those who protect those rights.

6. mt shasta steve

mt shasta steve

I have a California CCW. When I travel out of town, I carry two guns, one concealed on me, and another in the console. I'm working on the truck right now, and am building in a concealed holster under the seat. I also practice about 250 rounds a month.
    "An unloaded gun is as useless as an empty fire extinguisher"

7. No, its the abillity to draw and fire without hesitation, being able to hit what youre aiming at is always nice as well.

I carry myself, just an old government issue colt .45. Its not fancy but if i ever run into trouble, ive got it.

Anyhow, thats a real nice interior in his rig, i love the look of the pistol sitting there. Though pearl grips? Makes me think of what patton said about pearl grips "theyre only fit for women and new orleans pimps".

8. deto

deto

WHAT?!?! I live with a lady who works for the police station and my dad is a fireman and I have no criminal record and the sheriffs department keeps jerking me around...

9. shadams

shadams

I make a point to make sure you guys know I appreciate your sacrifices. I had a customer come in prob mid 60's cool dude. He had a DV license plate so I shook his hand and he damn near broke into tears. Said it was the first time anyone ever thanked him in all the years since Vietnam. He was a F4 pilot, brought me a book that someone in his squadron had written and he signed it for me. Have a very cool collection of autographs from soldiers from wwII on.

Anyway, sorry to take the thread off a bit....

10. I can remember when I could drive around with a gun in the rack behind my seat in my pickup. Not anymore, either you get pulled over to "check" you out or it gets stolen. I have a ccw and usually carry on a trip but the way drivers are now days, I don't carry driving locally or to work because I am afraid I would be too temped to use it.(Just kidding....I think)

11. daddio211

daddio211

Hey, can someone check on Bass??? He hasn't chimed in yet and I'm worried he's laying in a pool of his own blood...

12. mt shasta steve

mt shasta steve

Sorry to hear that Deto. As I understand it, issuing a permit is totally at the sheriffs' discretion, with no appeal. I've had a permit for over 30 years, and I determine my vote for sheriff based solely on his stand on CCWs'.

13. My cousin thanked me last Veterans Day on Facebook for my 1968-70 service. The first time I had been thanked, so yes, its sad that only lately have people realized that the soldiers should be appreciated. Especially sad for Viet Nam vets because we had no choice in the matter, we we forced to go no matter what our political views.

14. Special Ed

Special Ed

Welcome home.... :)

15. Amen, Brother!!

16. Gman0046

Gman0046

It's a sad state of affairs we have to carry firearms because of low life slugs out there trying to take what we've earned. In Ky we also have the "Castle" law. It's designed to help in car jackings and home invasions. The question I always ask a gun control advocate, is what would you do if a drug crazed scum bag starts beating down your front door at two AM? Having firearms available sure beats going to the front door with your d*ck in your hands.

17. My point exactly!

18. When it was legal to own handguns in the UK I used to love my Colt New Service in 45 Long Colt. I had a 1911, a Ruger Blackhawk, a Beretta jetfire and a Colt Woodsman. I also had a bunch of rifles including a bolt action Ruger in 458 Winchester Magnum, a Winchester Trapper in 45 Colt (to match the Colt New Service) and a Thompson with a drum mag.

It has been illegal to carry in the UK since WW2 and illegal to own any handgun and virtually any centrefire rifle for nearly 10 years. If I was able to carry a weapon and needed to then it would probably be the 2" barrel Smith and Wesson Combat Masterpiece in 38 Special that I used to own. I would load it with my wadcutter handloads and carry it in the upside down shoulder holster I still have (I used that to carry it to the shooting range - it was sorta legal). I had Pachmyer grips on it and it was very accurate at 25yds - I could cut cloverleafs with it. There's a lot to be said for a controllable gun that is easy to shoot accurately. If I wanted to make big holes though it'd have to be the Colt New Service.....

[​IMG]

19. hankthebigdog

hankthebigdog
    from oklahoma

carry with a ccw everywhere I go. variety of choices. I hope I never have to use one, but better safe than sorry.
    I like the design shown and may have to do some masterminding on how to place one in the A.:cool:

20. 45 LC all day everyday... and an old style wood baton just in case. I've had my concealed license in Wyo for a while... Recently wyoming passed some laws to allow concealed carry without the permit... but those laws don't reciprocate like the license does.

21. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Nice observation.;)

I'm probably going to catch shit for this, but I never read a thread on the HAMB that made me glad I live in little old England. Until this one.
    Paul

22. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

Too close at hand to avoid some road rage murder incident for me. But I could use a cool holder like that for my red light sabre...red is the most powerful, you know.

23. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

So this thread is the second one I've seen today that mentions Ryan's expecting a third.
    A third child? Car? Nipple?

24. More innocent people are shot by their own guns that get shot by drug crazed gang members or scum bags wanting to invade your home...

But I smile and give a "damn right!" to the times when the planets all align, and someone does try to brake in to a gun owner's house and is met with lead.

It doesn't matter if you go to Texas, or to California... this is America, and we're proud of our guns and fortunate that we can still own and shoot them.

Of all the guns I own... my Ruger New Vaquero, single action .357 in polsihed stainless would look best with a hot rod...

:D

Sam

25. shadams

shadams

I dont think you understand. Those of us with CCW's are the good guys. We took the time to take the classes/training and are not felons...Believe it or not we dont go around looking for people to shoot. But it DOES deter crime when the bad guy is afraid he may not have the upper hand. And that means the guns stay hidden and life goes on...

26. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

We can carry in Pa too with a permit ! We use to go to the local courthouse and pay $8 for a permit 20 years ago . They were very easy to get .
    This is my reasoning when it come to this subject , "One Shot - One Kill "
    Like my grandfather always told me when I was young , remember this one thing , a dead man can't testify against you ! Then he said always make sure they are in your home when the police come !
    In this country today you almost need to carry in many places ! I am lucky that where I live I don't have to worry about this at all .
    Personally , I always preferred a Ruger 44 mag with hollow points myself ! :D

Retro Jim

27. Like I've hinted around earlier...if you're a law abiding citizen that doesn't associate or do business with murderous violent types...there's a pretty good chance that nobody wants to kill or shoot you.

And in the case of a robbery or car-jacking....as long as you don't try to be a hero, there's a good chance nobody will want to shoot or kill you under that circumstance either. Take the path of least resistance and let insurance cover the loss...insurance can't bring you back from the dead.

If you pull a gun on a guy who has a gun pulled on you....you're odds of taking a bullet yourself just went wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy through the roof! Especially if you're slow :)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  28. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Yep! Being the first to land a successful blow might be important too!

That's a great point except for the "cb" part. Everyone is safer because the bad guys don't know who is and who isn't. Here in Michigan there are now over 300K CCW permits and climbing rapidly. That's with a population of a little under 10m.

There are some pretty mean looking flashlights out there designed for self defense.

Congrats

When your first.

Also Congrats.

Several things here. I understand not wanting to be on a list.. However, get picked up at a traffic stop and searched, it's a felony. Then you can't even own the hand gun plus it will be confiscated and you will lose it
    Wrong place? How about on the side of the HI-way with a flat by yourself. Happened to a friend's Dad and he would've been dead except he was a former FBI agent.
    GGFZ: It's criminal trespassing here if your caught. Loss of Gun, permanently and loss of CCW for at least one year. Best to no patronize those places. There should be a list in your area.

As long a the happy water isn't mixed too.!

Holy Cow. That a "collection"

29. whitey70ss

whitey70ss
    BANNED
    from Central PA

Only takes 1.

30. That actually happened to me, i sat on my couch with a 16gauge, while he was drugged up, screaming and unable to kick my door in. FOR 45 MINUTES! till the cops FINALLY came. It was my aunts meth head bf, he was mad at me and figured i owed him cash since i wouldnt let her come over if she brought him with her.

I was on 911 and the operator asked if id a gun, i said heck yes. She actually told me to put the gun away and find a place inside the house to hide.. I flat told her if he gets in, he was getting shot.

Maybe china has it right, they just shoot the druggies. Thatd solve our "war on drugs" right quick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.