Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest A PUBLIC APOLOGY TO COB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Yesterday I replied to a thread in response to a member asking what had happened to the 5 spoke thread and I had sent a PM to Cob asking why a seemly on topic thread was deleted and his reply was ~
    Danny,
    Another moderator apparently deleted it.
    Let me look it up tonight and review/discuss and I'll get back with you.

My reply to the thread implied that ~ "Cob told me he didn't delete it and it wasn't off topic."

Regardless,I enhanced his post and I was called out for it and any chance of bringing back the thread was doomed by my pas faux,I apologize to Cob.

Cob and all the moderators have a tough job keeping this place on a even keel and misquoting them intentionally or unintentionally should never be done. HRP

2. Way to man-up, Danny. We all mess up at times. Take that from someone who knows:D

3. HRP - Cob's response was a clarification for sure, but it didn't seem like he was harshin' on ya. Hopefully the white letter radials on the new one don't push it too far.

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. Your a GOOD man Danny! Bruce.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.

5. Well what the hell.......let's start another thread......you know the boss has one hell of a server !

6. Fedman

Fedman

HRP supports, and is very aware of what the HAMB is all about.
    If he said he screwed up, in my opinion it was only with the best of intentions.
    This place needs more people like him, to keep it Vibrant and alive. :)

clem, biggeorge, Blue One and 4 others like this.
  7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Can we collectively say Nit picking ? I agree totally that Danny was not doing anything to make a huge deal of.
    And he's probably the last one here who would purposely try to make someone look bad.

The deletion of his thread certainly wasn't his fault.
    I think that a lot of times a thread could be cleaned up rather than deleted and reminders given to offenders.
    Just a thought.
    Good job HRP.

8. JOHNP

JOHNP

1. HRP- L picked you out because you seem to post alot.I have been lurking around here for sbout 3 years,and decided to join as an alliance member last year.My questions are 1.What is the correct page to lntroduce myself? 2.How do I know when I renew? 3.Where do L ask a mechanical question? I havent posted much because I didnt think anybody was interested in what I do.You see I restore old dirt track modified stock cars.Also,how do I post pictures?Finally do I need to ldentify myself in the parts for sale category?
      Thanks for your prompt response.JPBSR

9. I'll send you a conversation to answer your questions. HRP

10. Read the title quickly... thought it was a PUBIC apology... whew...

stillrunners and kiwijeff like this.
  11. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

I enjoy looking at dirt modifieds from the past, and so do a lot of others. If you search there is a huge thread on them, although its been closed for further replies. You might also consider going over to the Dogfight site, where they are allowed to post about them now. Welcome to the HAMB. Waiting for pics...:).

stillrunners likes this.

12. They do have a tough job. A lot of cool threads go swirling down the porcelain bowl, but I think we are all glad that HAMB is moderated, otherwise this would be like the wild west with mental patients and cutlery. They catch a lot of flack, but they do a great job. I'll have a drink in their honor.

13. BJR

BJR

If you haven't had a post deleted you haven't been on here much! Keep posting HRP.

low budget and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  14. mopacltd

mopacltd

Just be who you are, Danny.

pigfluxer and HOTRODPRIMER like this.