Register now to get rid of these ads!

History A little off topic... But there is an old truck involved.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Very nice. Dad had one similar. Idk what happened to it though- maybe some hooligan jumped the fence (even though there was no estate sale..)

2. That's honest of you , outa all the people I've ever known,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,your one of them

3. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

So that where my $50 Alliance $$$ went. lol Thanks for taking care of my problem on the Ford Barn.

4. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

The cool story is better than the drill press! Every time you use the drill press it will bring a smile to your face I'm sure!

5. verde742

verde742

You DONE good !

6. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

A man of principle. I respect that & so did that lady! The story is worth more than the drill press.

7. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

My Brother bought a Craftsman drill press, similar to that one for $100.00 in 1969. After year of struggle with hand drills, it opened up a whole new world for us. Congrats on the bargain.

8. Sadly, people are absolute shit-bags these days.
    Ryan? Total class. Good on ya.

9. Johnny99

Johnny99

Be polite and show a little class, typically pays off. Good on you. My first drill press was a nice older Delta bought from an estate sale also. I was happy no dork had drilled a hole in the table. Dumb shit me then proceeded to drill a hole in the table a few years later GRRR!

10. very nice! now start getting that garage messy......

11. and welcome to the wonderful world of estate sales.......couldn't buy my paper route Stude at 16 yrs old....until the estate sale....at 51 years old....and also got his drill press... stude 55 003.JPG

12. Great story and a cool old craftsman drill press . I have a 1953 craftsman band saw it looks like the one in your shop .

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm getting too much credit. I prolly should have given more than $50.

It does bother me actually. I should do a mustang tank under the bed.

14. dad-bud

dad-bud

Ryan, nice story and I definitely appreciate someone who shows respect to others. What you did was 'the right thing' and it is just a shame that more people in the world don't live by the same standards you do.
    From my POV, $50 for the drill press seems like a good deal for you too.
    Thanks for sharing.

15. chopt31

chopt31

nice drill press, the new ones are junk, even has engine turning panel on it

I have had people pull stuff out of my hands at swap meets before

16. You done good man. Solid.

17. Doug B

Doug B

So can you use the drill press to fix the heater in the truck?

Just kidding...Sounds like it was a good day.

18. spooler41

spooler41

Ryan, Good for you. I've got the same style Craftsman drill press, in a bench top model.
    It's a little smaller,but I use it more than my big one. I got mine during a garage clean out
    my friend pulled it from a pile of trash ,asked if I wanted it, because if not it was going to
    scrap if I didn't want it. It took about an hour to clean up the rust and grung off it and
    replace the motor. Its still running after almost 20 years of continued use.

................................ Jack

19. Very cool, carma points for you!

20. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

A Class Act fer sure! Congrats for both your handling the situation and the Press!!