Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Gearhead's Guide to Cars Land...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jun 15, 2012.

1. So how do we get DISCOUNT tickets to Disneyland? HAMB membership? I can't afford to go there AND own old cars too. Seriously.

2. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Nothing short of amazing. i cant describe the feeling cars land gives me inside. I saw it a couple months ago by peeking over the fence and wow. i cant wait to see this in person. definately kinda how my dream world would look. I kinda want to live in disney land.

how bout a H.A.M.B. only late night extravaganza after the park closes. somebody has to have that kinda pull.........

3. bluthndr

bluthndr

Been saving for a trip there since I first heard about them building it. With 4 kids and travelling from Michigan we figure 2014 is our year. Pretty excited and looking forward to it - maybe more than the kids.

4. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

Ill be there next month, cant wait to wait

5. jimmitchell70

jimmitchell70
    from CT

Disney and Old Cars?!?!
    Perfect.

6. 62dragfalcon

62dragfalcon
    from Tucson AZ.

My boy just turned three last month and the movie "Cars" is his whole universe. (very proud papa :cool:) I can't wait to take him. Knowing what Disney usualy puts together, I think it will blow both of our minds! :D

7. Special Ed

Special Ed

NO crowds whatsoever if you go on an off-day, and off-season. :) Last March my daughter and I were asked if we wanted to ride Indiana Jones again, as there was no one in line, and the jeep would go empty. Not one single person. "Pirates" was the same deal. The boat in front of us was empty, we were the only ones in ours, and the boat right behind us was empty. There were more "cast members" than guests throughout both parks.... :)

8. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yea, I like the movies and my daughter and I collected all of the diecast from the first movie. I'd love to go at night sometime on a slow day. Just don't know if Disney ever has a slow day. I'd probably fly to the West Coast for a HAMB-only event at the park.

9. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

March, eh? I had heard that the first week of December was statistically the slowest month at the parks. Kids are in school and it's after the Thanksgiving holiday and before Christmas break.

10. Special Ed

Special Ed

DON'T go on a weekend, and every month from October through May has many "light" days. Plan ahead by looking at the Disney Park's hours and schedule. The shortest-hour days are that way because they do not anticipate any crowds. Oh yeah....And be there when it opens. :)

11. M_S

M_S
    from SoCal

We got to go Wednesday evening and had a great time. If you like the movie it's well worth seeing.

Here are some hoods displayed at Ramone's...

Attached Files:

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I gotta take my family out to see this, great job you did.

13. I heard about it and seeing some of the pics it looks like you did an excellent job Jay! Not that I doubted any of course. I think some of us HAMB'ers will really get a kick out of your details. I am looking forward to seeing it sometime in future.

14. oldthudman

oldthudman

Use to have a lot of "drive in's" around......Of course times were safer back then......While in the USAF (Nellis AFB, Las Vegas) we'd "cruise" Freemont Ave in my 61 Impala and eventually end up at the "Blue Onion" drive in for a Cherry Coke and sometimes a burger....Big place and bright as only Vegas could dream up.............Those were the days!!!!!
    Nice job on the "Cars Drive In".......

15. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

How're the burgers at Flo's V8 Cafe? Anyone tried one?

16. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Taking my little boy there in september!

17. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I saw this on the news today and even though I don't have children, I'd go!

18. Firepower71

Firepower71
    from Atlanta

This sounds rad, another reason for a west coast trip!

19. autobilly

autobilly

20. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

I am not so into hanging out in a "theme" land of something that is actual a real thing to me. . . not just a bunch of talking plastic toys. I think this is how mexicans feel about taco bell. What is next "punk land"?

It's great that some people put effort into all of the details though, and I am glad you all are enjoying the place. It's just not very appealing..

21. We live only about 15 miles from Disneyworld, but now will have to make plans to go to the west coast. Just watched Cars 2, the other night, on TV. Bet my wife was wonderin' why a grown man was laying on the couch so engroused in a cartoon?? Little do they know, how much it is really an adult movie as well. Was actually nice to be able to watch and take in all the details. Can't wait to see the real thing in person. One of my customers, is an engineer at Disney. Will have to ask him all about it.
    Love that REAL "car guys", like Chip, are involved in this project, as well as the movies. :)
    COOL STUFF.:cool:
    JT

22. jwoods

jwoods
    from lansing

Awesome! I wanna go to disneyland now. thanks for posting that I will be spreading the word

23. AHotRod

AHotRod

I love that movie...

24. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

So,

After people have spent decades trying to make real life more like Disneyland,

You've managed to make Disneyland much more like real life???

The times they are a-changing, and we can all salute Jay for making it so!

Thank You, Jay!

25. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Freaking awesome.

26. M_S

M_S
    from SoCal

No burgers, I was expecting those too. We had dinner there and there were four entrees that were basically turkey, pork or "steak" deli sliced with gravy and a choice of two sides. They have sandwiches and mac n cheese for the kids. I'm assuming they have a standard Disneyland menu for breakfast but we were there in the evening.

27. handmedown40limited

handmedown40limited
    from tracy ca

I can't wait. We are planning to be there in Feb or march Amd possibly just me ams the wife sneaking down with no likes in Sept. Very excited

28. RSDeuce

RSDeuce

I was there just yesterday. Girlfriend and I have annual passes, and her grandma was in town for the weekend and wanted to see it.

We didn't get to ride any CARS rides, 2+ hour wait isn't worth it, but I did get a long chance to browse all the shops. The crowds really weren't *that* bad (minus the ride wait times.)

Yeah, there are tons of nifty old items... Hood ornaments, gas meters, road signs all over every shop. Could play a fun game trying to identify every hubcap and tail light. CARS is easily my favorite Disney movie and standing in the new land is just like being on set.

I wish there were a few real cars around though. I suppose they would just take up valuable space but there were no real vehicles on display (minus a very clean Packard One-Twenty Coupe at the California Adventures entrance.)

29. 32 bowtie

32 bowtie

My son Chase and I love the cars movies. Hope to visit the park someday soon. Maybe I can slide to the front of the line with my Cars inspired tattoo!! ImageUploadedByTJJ1339881254.212290.jpg

30. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I was starting to think I was alone. To me, when I think of Disney, I think of Snow White and 101 Dalmations. About as straight-laced and squeaky clean as you can get. I'm not into the PBR and rolled cuffs thing, but there was a time when hot rods just did not fit with the Disney image at all. Now that theres a buck to be made, mainstream culture just cant seem to open thier arms to us fast enough. Not intending to criticize the thought or effort that went into this, but theres a part of me that just kind of goes "eeeewww" when I see this.

Yea, I know, I know, "For crissake, lighten up."

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012