Register now to get rid of these ads!

A car guy to the end...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, May 9, 2012.

1. gary terhaar

gary terhaar
    from oakdale ny

Prayers sent,God bless.

2. raymay

raymay

I lost my father 24 years ago and it still feels like yesterday. One of the greatest compliments anyone has given me is that I am just like my dad.
    Keep your dads memory close to your heart. Share his legacy with your children and grandchildren. Know that you are one of the lucky ones to have such a wonderful father/son bond.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

3. Sorry for your loss Jay

4. A sad time indeed. I miss my Dad every day.
    It gets better with time, but the hole will never be filled.
    RIP Dad.

Condolences to you and your family, and I'll offer a prayer for comfort and peace as you learn to deal with the sorrow.

5. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

6. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Thinking of you and your family Jay.

7. autobilly

autobilly

Jay, I'm sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

8. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Jay, so sorry for your loss. That story was tough for me to read. I couldn't make it to the end without tearing up. I could tell you loved your dad very much. Ryan's words sum it up best..... "I know Jay’s old man died knowing he did one hell of a job raising his son to be one hell of a man."

9. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

Sorry Jay....

10. movingviolation

movingviolation

Sorry about your dad... I'm sure the memories will always be fond...

11. Very sorry, Jay. Thoughts and prayers to you.

12. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Jay, I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad . Sounds like you had a great Dad . I have been there myself as I lost my Dad to a heart attack at the young age of 52 . That was 29 years ago and I still feel the sadness of the loss .
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your entire family at this very sad time .
    GOD Bless .

Retro Jim

13. sololobo

sololobo

Jive, what a class way to end his great life. Less is more is an obvious theme in Dads approach, the hand lettered gas can is such a cool example of that. I was so in awe of my fathers automotive talents and was so fotunate to have him support my car quests. You are following in his footsteps with proud style. I am so appreciative of your contributions on the daily J.J. column, you have taken me some wonderful places and allowed me to see and enjoy some fab historic and interesting quests. So a big thanx and please know I am thinking healing thoughts for you and your family. Carry on your excellent contributions to our hot rod world and know Dad will be watching from up there as he details his wings and helps keep the joint looking ship shape. We love ya brother! ~sololobo~

14. fivelitreford

fivelitreford
    from Nova,Ohio

Very sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was a good man and you will have a lot of good memories to go on with. You are in our prayers.

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn Jay you'll be in my prayers brother. You're father must have been so proud of you and the things you've accomplished. He also must have been beaming with pride inside because he raise a good kind person with integrity which is all parents can really ask for.

Your dad was the kind of guy it seems that inspired guys like us to keep plugging away on these old cars. Anyways man I know how hard this is and we're all there for ya if you need anything at all.

God bless.

16. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

Condolences to you and your family. I know what such a loss is like.

17. Im sorry for your loss......

18. BrianInPa

BrianInPa
    from Milton

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. My dad passed away in 2008 from pancreatic cancer. It's difficult seeing a loved one go through that situation.

19. LuckyFordGuy

LuckyFordGuy

Sorry for your loss things wil get bettter

20. gtbrain

gtbrain

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your Father. Your Dad sounded like a wonderful man. I pray he has found peace from his pain.

21. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

22. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry for your loss. In our prayers.

23. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Jay, it seems he did a good job of passing on the "car guy" gene. Hope to see you again soon. Wayno

24. Willy301

Willy301

So sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers out to you and your family.

25. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom last July to Cancer and my dad to Cancer in 02. I miss them both so bad. For those of you who still have your Parents pick up the phone today and give them a call. Spend a few minutes visiting with them. They will appreciate it and it will probably be a good thing for you also. I sure wish I could right now.

26. Sorry to hear of your dad's passing Jay. From what Ryan said it sounds like you and your family can be at ease knowing that your father was proud of his family and had a happy life with you.

27. Nothing can prepare us for the loss of a loved one. Cherish the good memories and keep your chin up Jay. You and your family are in my prayers.

28. very sorry for your loss

29. Road Rocket

Road Rocket

My condolences to you and your family. Sory for your loss.

30. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Sounds like he left you the best thing any of us could hope to, the memory of a life well lived.. Condolences.