Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Meeting a few Legends...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Meeting a few Legends...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. Mike

Mike

Very cool, good deal.

A good freind of mine is a mechanic who works on vintage and exotic machines. He is now working for the Blackhawk Museum. In his previous job, he would travel to alot of the auctions and concourses to work as a roving mechanic, keeping things moving by fixing minor problems with the auction and concourse vehicles.

One Saturday afternoon a few years back, while working in that capacity at Pebble Beach, he called on his cell phone and says "Guess where I am" and then answers himself "Im sitting in the driver's seat of the Calori coupe". He then says "Guess who I'm talking to" and again answers himself "Jack Colori". All I could say was "You bastard!".

You never know who you might end up rubbing elbows with at gigs like that.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    Jive-Bomber likes this.
  4. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Have to respect Dan Gurney as an engineering "free thinker" on top of his driving credentials. Doesn't happen too often.

Jive-Bomber likes this.

5. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Being able to meet and talk to true Legends before they pass is the greatest thing about being a journalist. Then sharing the insight to your readers now gives us, the reader, the knowledge.

6. seatex

seatex

Awesome, now on to the pics.............................. PLEASE!

7. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pretty much anything that was at Pebble can be on topic as "art and inspiration", no?

8. flamingokid

flamingokid

I rode a Dan Gurney Eagle in my earliest days of BMX and I've been a huge fan ever since.

9. Very cool!!! Thank you for sharing your trip to Pebble Beach, Jive-Bomber!

10. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Gary Emory lives about 30 miles from me, and we are good friends. He has some great stories to tell, especially about Norm Grabowski.

11. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

I met Big Daddy Don Garlits several times finally was able to visit his drag racing museum I am fortunate to be a member of Classic Iron Car Club we cruised up there and he gave us a tour behind the museum that the public does not get to see he even has a dirt car car he was wrenching on before he could even drive,Thanks for sharing you have a cool job!