Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW JALOPY JOURNAL & H.A.M.B. MERCH!
    Hey fellas, we've just re-stocked the store with a couple of great new t-shirts, an incredible jersey, and just about the best damned ball cap ever made. Put it all in your wardrobe and you'll be the sharpest dressed man in the pits - that's a promise!

Anyway, to check it all out just CLICK HERE!

(To get rid of this notification, just click the little grey 'x' located in the top right hand corner of this notification box.)

700R4 to a 460 ford??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Kid, Jan 19, 2007.

1. does anybody know if there is an adapter to bolt a 700R4 to a 460 ford. I just put a new 460 in my shop truck and would like an overdrive transmission. I looked into a gear vendors overdrive for the C6 that i currently have but they were $2700 which was just way out of my price range. I'm also open to suggestions if anybody has a better idea than the 700R4

2. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Lentech makes very reputable AOD transmissions, and have that application available. They are a little spendy, but you get what you pay for. Bendtsen's can adapt your motor to the Brand-X transmission if you really feel you must.....

3. mustangsix

mustangsix

There are adapter plates that allow you to use AOD/AODE small block transmissions on the 429/460. Gotta be cheaper than the GV unit.

4. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN

Get an E40D transmission. This was made to fit 460 engines from the fadctory. You will have to get a stand alone controller for this because the trans is an all electric unit. These are a very heavy duty transmission, and should work well for you;)

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. I will definetly look into the E40D, i didnt relize they made some for a 460. I was worried the smallblock AOD would be too weak, it's actually a 460 bored to 472 and built for some serious pulling and i've had good experince with the 700R4

6. I have a 96 Ford 3/4 Ton van with a 460 and factory A.O.D. in it. I put a class A motorhome computer in it and 4" exhaust when it was new. It now has 160K miles on it and have never had Motor or Trans apart for anything. I regulary get 14/16 mpg. 90 precent of the time it moves it has either a 24' Car trailer or a 4 Horse Trailer behind it. I'm not light with the Foot, neither is my Wife. We tow in Overdrive all the time. I half to say it's one Tough Son of a Bitch. Why buy an Adapter?
    The Wizzard