Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW JALOPY JOURNAL & H.A.M.B. MERCH!
    Hey fellas, we've just re-stocked the store with a couple of great new t-shirts, an incredible jersey, and just about the best damned ball cap ever made. Put it all in your wardrobe and you'll be the sharpest dressed man in the pits - that's a promise!

Anyway, to check it all out just CLICK HERE!

(To get rid of this notification, just click the little grey 'x' located in the top right hand corner of this notification box.)

65 buick riviera spec ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pride63, Apr 8, 2012.

1. pride63

pride63

i am waiting delivery of my 65 buick riviera in 2 weeks (hopefully), i am just trying to identify model it is by the spec. i know it has a black leather(?) interior with black trim, a single 4 barrel carb but has the original twin manifold and extra carb with it. the air con has been stripped of car in the past but i think i would like to replace this at some time. its been lowered by 2" from what i understand as well. i wondered if any one could point me in direction of a spec list for this style car on line . this is my first american car and the first thing i have to look at is a lpg conversion as petrol is 2.40 dollars a litre here. thanks for any help you can give:)
    pics of interior
    [​IMG]
    65 buick riviera by mark & anne's photos, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    the car
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  2. congrats love these cars

3. robertsregal

robertsregal
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow a beautiful Riviera, the 1963-1965 is one of my favoriate cars and powered by a nailhead, Great car I would lose those mirrors on the doors for a factory correct style!

4. pride63

pride63

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. rld14

rld14

That's just gorgeous. The 65s are my favorites.

6. pride63

pride63

its bigger in length than my works van lol, and roofline is lower than a bmw mini. i really cant wait for it to be delivered

7. Ebert

Ebert

Pride,

I would recommend that you join the Riviera Owners Association. http://www.rivowners.org/ GREAT site for anything to do with Rivieras! The technical support reps are great and their site has specs, etc. Under the Members Only area, there are a bunch of links to production and specs, etc. Congrats on your Rivi. I just bought my second one (foolishly sold my first one!!!). Good Luck!

Attached Files:

8. pride63

pride63

thanks for all the nice comments , i will join the association , it needs a few bits doing such as losing the ugly speakers in rear side panels and gettin air con parts that are missing but im looking forward to it . there are only 3 65's on the road in england. i guess parts are hard to get tho.

9. Ebert

Ebert

I think you will find the Riviera Owners membership to be a great source for parts as well...either from individuals, parts suppliers...new or used. These cars are GREAT driving cars. I am dropping mine 2-3" through springs...and done!

10. pride63

pride63

i have got a few spares coming with it so will see what i get. these are fantastic looking car but i fell in love first time i saw it and haven't even drove it or any left hooker in the uk. lol

11. cjp69

cjp69
    from Kent, WA

12. pride63

pride63

thanks that site is excellent :)