Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 6 Model T's see daylight after 50 years.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by partsdawg, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Hay Beaner;; I think it's the earliest Crew Cab I've ever seen. Way Kool! If I remember right you still have a MEL motor under the bench don't ya? I know you could get er in there but what about those Wood Wheels and all that horse power?
    The Wizzard

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. -Brent-

-Brent-

These pics (especially that truck) show me how much we're spoiled these days. I like to think I'm somewhat of a throwback and could handle tougher times... I think I'm fooling myself! :D

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. That MEL went to Wisconson about a year ago. I still have a big olds that could use a home but it wouldn't make much of a truck engine. LOL

If you worked it right you could use American Spindle mounts in place of the wagon wheels though. It would be rough to pull off but I think it could be done. :eek: :D

With that wood and sheet metal body you could make it real purdy, abbreviated stake bed, and then if you have something hot that you could hide under the hood, like maybe an old USAC banger. Daaaaammmmmmmnnnnn baby. :D :D :D

4. Nice find, those all have some great potential. My father had a 1917 Model T Touring, all restored and original. My mother wanted me to have it, but it was too nice to make hot rod out of. It ran and drove great, at least what a Model T is capable of. It deserved to be used and appreciated by someone else as a stock Model T. Now those 6 are just right for making hot rods out of.

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Don't forget the 45 fin Buick drums...;):p

6. Great score! At the right place at the right time?

7. verde742

verde742

As I know it : '26 had wood spoke wheels, 27's had wire wheels,
    knowing Ford, there's always exceptions.. use what's on the shelf, keep the line moving...

Model T1 likes this.
  8. flyin-t

flyin-t

'26 had wires as an option, like '27. You could still get wood spokes until '27. In fact you could order your '27 with no starter and non-electric lights if you wanted.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    Model T1 and volvobrynk like this.
  9. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Friend of mine went to look at a 1927 REO Flying Cloud,saw the T's and called me.

10. LOL I use 90 fin drums and leave the 45s for the cool guys. :D

falcongeorge likes this.
  11. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

That 26 T coupe would be great to have. Love them.

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

Model T's are the coolest old cars.... I like the big wooden truck the best from of this group..

I always figured if I were rich, I would build a full fendered stock bodied T roadster.

13. Sent you a PM, partsdawg....

14. Model T1

Model T1

Correct. My T was an early 1926. It had the larger wooden wheels and no headlight bar.
    Part way through 1926 you could order wire wheels and bumpers. Most 27's had wire wheels.
    I still love a model T sedan. Want a center door but I want lots of things I can't have. Most have tits!
    Sold my 26 touring because people in Florida drive like they are retarded, even on the back roads.

15. 68hillbilly

68hillbilly
    from KENTUCKY

NICE find . old t's are great.

16. I just wanted to be the first to say, don't chop them! Just kidding, I saw you were going to sell them off. Hope they go to good homes.