Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Alright guys, its been a little while and here is some more stuff ive gotten finished over the last month

1. filled the lower tag area on the front bumber
    [​IMG]
    2. finishe up the lower valance
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Toner283

Toner283

This thing is freaking cool! Awesome fab work man. What kinda color(s) are you thinking?

3. scabz24

scabz24

Thaat thing is mint,very cool origional touches,excellent work.LOVE IT!!thanks for shareing..

4. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Toner283<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_5187152", true); </SCRIPT>
    Thanks, Im thinking of painting it siber green matlic (which is on 2001 vw beetles)on the bottom and dark candy green on top

5. cheveey57

cheveey57

move the post & lengthen the front door about 6 inches it'd make a bad nomad

6. I'd stay with a lighter color on the top, maybe pearl white, or a pearl tan. Dean

7. like this?

Attached Files:

8. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

Killer idea for the hood.

9. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

How lucky am I?? Homeboy is only about an hour up the road!! Looking forward to meeting you Cody.....

10. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

the pont. bumper ends are perfect. great work so far !!! keep us posted

11. Rattaxi48

Rattaxi48
    from ohio

wagons lookin bad ass cody been cool getting up dates on the phone wish i was closer to help on it kick my ass every day for sellin mine at least my old fenders found a good home

12. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

hey guys , thanks everyone on the complements , with turning this thing into a 2 door and harttoping it , i would realy like to do that but ive been that route before with my 64 impala 2 dr hrt and trying to get my 3 little girls in and out of the back seat just wasnt happining thats why i got the wagon , maby when they grow up and i dont have to put aneyone in the back seat then ill 2 door it , with hardtoping it , a hell of a lot more work and im trying to get this thing done by next year columbus goodguys and enjoy it , so its staying the way it is for now , but thanks for all the cool ideas,
    To nate, thanks again for everything aspeally the fenders, and to pat i look forwared to seeing u at the jalopy showdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

so i have been looking for a rare valve cover to go on the wagon for about 6 mounths now and here is what i found , just super excited and i wanted to share with everyone , now i cant wait to go down to the shop tomarrow and put it on and hopefully it will fit under the hood
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. bobx

bobx
    from Indiana

car kicks ass. nice job.

15. Nice work! Hood is very cool.

16. Mench

Mench

That wagon is sooooooo tits,can't wait to see what other ideas you come up with

mench

17. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

Nice metal work...that lower valance looks bad ass...u gonna keep the side trim?..

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

never seen a Mc Gurk valve cover before. very cool. lots of neet-o stuff goin on there...

19. cheveey57

cheveey57

yeah baby exactly like that! awesome ride!

20. "Trimming the oil pan to go lower!" What kind of stupid fuckin idea is that? Why not just let the air out of the tires? Can't believe I just read that!!!!

21. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

Love the way you brought the ribbed metal from the roof to the hood to the valence.
    The color you mentioned from the VW is a perfect choice but as said above will look way better with a white pearl top or light silver flake top. Just my 2 cents. Awesome build and you certainly have skills.

22. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Bad bob . With the oil pan, the pan is the lowest part of the car it's 2 1/2 inches lower than the front cross member since I have channeled the car i had to also lower motor so I would rather cut the bottom part off of the pan instead of ripping it off going down the road

El kamino kid yah I'm going to run the orgional brookwood side trim which stops in the middle of the front door, I'm still up in the air about door handles

23. cheezwiz

cheezwiz

Outer fenders for inner fenderwells ! Cool ! I did that on my '62 ! KICKASS WAGON !

24. Okay....i'll give you a pass,hahaha! Have the same problem with my oil pan,but I bought another Merc chassis so I could install the motor correctly. 1 1/2" higher. The way you discribed it,sounded like a Pep Boys lowering job!!!!

25. I took an inch out of the pan on my Roadster, just don't forget to shorten the oil pickup too. I haven't had any trouble with mine, and it's been on the road for over 15 years.

26. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

here it is on the 292 and man this valve cover is so close too touching the hood ,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

So.....any Idea what yer gonna do with those Pontiac Turn Signal Buckets? I know a certain wagon that could use em.....or atleast the Drivers Side.

28. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Utterly amazing, you, Woodpecker, have a sense of style.

29. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

all right heres some updates i ended up picking up a 3rd row seat and floor section from a local hamber , i got some more stuff in epoxy , fugared out what i was doing with the door handles and ended up picking up some engine dress up stuff since the last time i had posted so heres the photos
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    <TABLE cellPadding=6 width=750><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Damn nice work, thats gonna be killer when your done!