Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical '57 Chev seat

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Nailhead A-V8, Mar 23, 2017.

1. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

A seat like that 57 for $800.00 CDN is a "steal" on the "felony level" here, or anywhere for that matter!!! I'd be road tripping for sure. That amount would normally get you a busted up, worn out, Sears seat covered, stock seat. Right out of high school (1969) I sold a 56 210 2 door sedan I had to a friend (Tom, and he was Canadian, born in Vancouver). Completely stock interior with aftermarket seat covers in good shape. Tom did't like the stock seat, so he went to a wrecking yard (those are almost gone now from where they were in Lynnwood), and bought a front bench seat out of a wrecked 69 Road Runner. He had measured to make sure the seat he bought was't to wide for the car. Of course the stock mounting holes in the floorboards were off for the Road Runner seat. NO problem, Tom just took a center punch and hammer and punched appropriately located holes in the floorboards! It's a shame how a lot of those cars were treated back then; if we only knew then what we know now. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

2. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

That Roadrunner seat is probably worth more than a '57 seat, today anyway.....................................

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

lots of mid 60's GM seats out there that would look right and be almost free compared to the price of an original 57 seat. I have one that was in a 57 I had several years ago... probably from an Impala.

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  4. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

Well let's hope you're overstating your case for dramatic effect lol!...

yeah I kick myself for missing that perfect seat but even if I had got to it first I couldn't do a 2 day trip and a $150. boat ride on top! plus then I would've had to make the rest of my interior black and silver ;)ha ha ha...I also missed a pair of seat backs for $100. (rusty but sand blasted lost the guys #... :oops:), another seat with good upholstery (red velour d/t and black vinyl) for $350. obo, and a bare '55 seat frame for $500. ...that proves two things 1) the seats are still around and 2) one day i'll catch that ad on time and get the deal I need....I'm not going to get too het up about it or go squirrelly with the $$.... I got kids to feed

P.S. anyone near Beaverton Oregon? there is a rusty frame on E pay buy it now price $350.
    - Council Bluffs? '55-6 seat buy it now $225.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  5. 6-bangertim

6-bangertim
    from California

Nailhead, I have a seat I'll GIVE you out of my Utility Sedan! NO IDEA what it came out of... a PO installed it. Needs recovering.

Problem is, I live closer to BC Mexico than Canada! :(

Bought a '57 seat from a guy in Wisconsin, striped it down and boxed it in a cardbord box that a quarterpannel came in. Shipped Grayhound with a 100-lb. limit... weighed in at 99! :)

IF we can figure out shipping... IT IS YOURS! :) PM me, we'll brainstorm this...

Nailhead A-V8 and chevy57dude like this.
  6. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

Thanks 6-bangertim! I really appreciate that...I have a lead on a stock seat as well as a host of different options....but I will look into shipping etc. if nothing turns up around here... thanks again!

6-bangertim likes this.
  7. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

I know a few guys back in the day would pull the stock 57 seat because the 15.00 dollar used Hurst shifter would not fit.

Nailhead A-V8 and Squablow like this.