Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 55 Olds with factory stick shift=one of my favorites came back home

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobwop, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

I am 67 and I can only remember seeing one stick shift 55 Olds in my life. Nice car! Enjoy!

2. RDR

RDR

good reading...fun story...have always loved early Olds ever since putting one in my '49 Chev in '61...sold it and the guy took out the Cad 3 spd and put in a hydro..??! GO FIGURE...! Thanx for sharing your excitment

3. My 64 ate clutches, when I replaced the throw out bearing the box said 49-51 Cadillac hearse on it.

4. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

thanks for sharing your stories and comments, fellas. I hope we can add more to the thread.

my story gets even better...the couple that sold this car back to me called and asked me to look at another car. 1958 Buick Century Riviera 2dr. Hardtop. VERY original with one repaint to original red over black. Low mileage car from the South with fantastic interior and unbelievable chrome and stainless. They priced it too low. I am biased towards the Olds, but observers say the Buick is even nicer!

It was worth taking TWO 750 mile trips this week to visit these folks. WOW.

5. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

God, I love this car and the whole story. And two 750 mile trips in one week? dang! A real road warrior. Hope to see the buick soon too.

6. belair

belair

Those 58's are HUGE. Looks like it's your turn to win, bobwop.

7. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I wanna borrow that Olds and take it to some indoor shows this winter......I'm coming after it. Gas it up and check the oil.

8. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

holly crapers BOB...it looks brand new, whatever you paid she's worth it. man this is so unreal, i just can't believe how many old cars are around! as americans we realy idenafied with our cars. REALY especialy in tha 50s thank you so much for sharing your experience. MAN I LOVE IT! call me POP...or the old FART!

9. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Mrs. PF says you have plenty of your own gas

10. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

that may be---but I'm coming after that car------check the air in the tires my boy---northbound and down---I'm out.

11. Abomb

Abomb

Hey Paul. while you're up there swipe me some 5 spoke wheels while Bob's not looking.....

Another nice car Bob.....

12. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Chris-------get your butt over here and go with me! We need to bring home YOUR hemi Willys coupe too!!!

13. Abomb

Abomb

Yeah, Bob may be armed to the teeth though, somehow I don't think that's going to work......

14. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Here are some photos of the Buick for you, Paul. It is a DANDY, better than I thought!

Attached Files:

15. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Hold the phone-------------I changed my mind. Now madly in love with this car and no longer want the 55 olds as a loaner. Want to borrow this one instead. WOW!!!

16. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

bigger photos for my pal Bob. <center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  17. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

What grand style this car has..............remember those tv commercials about 6-7 years ago where the ghost of Harley Earl said he is coming back to design us some new cars? What happened to that plan? Damn---if I am correct GM fired him in 1958 after this car was in production.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  18. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Paul, you could have your pick. But a poor old farm boy like you will want a look at my latest arrival...1955 Olds 88 four door sedan, poverty hubcaps, rubber floor, no power options....except a factory Rochestor 4-jet! That is the power option I want. Very original car with 70k miles. One owner until a few years ago. Turquoise and white two tone. Has the dual range hydro, though, so I guess it isn't the ultimate sleeper.

19. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

how about some bigger photos of the Olds too while we are at it? <center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

20. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

bob, just to show you what price range I can afford---here is a photo of me and my newest purchase---I'm a just a poor junkman. But look how dang happy I am! Ha! <center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

21. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

bet that big ol' wheat truck has one of those desireable big sixes under the hood.

22. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

another big picture of the 55 two door Olds--- <center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

23. my nickels worth of addition
    somewhere in working for a garage I bought a blown up 57 olds 4 door [from the proverbial car salesamn!] with a stick in the mid 60s like the one about 10 posts back
    due to the condition of no money it was never fixed:mad: , paid proabbly $30 and body was mint and copper in color

I had a 53 chev w 303 and hydro that i sold and the guy droped the hydro and I sold him the 3 speed and he a had a 324 tripower ahead of the stick he claimed it was a rocket
    i did buy the car back once but resold it again quickly
    cars to hang on to never has been my suit!!:D