Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 5 1/2 chop on 28-29 coupes let's see em

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by model A hooligan, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Post em up! My 29 was night boy chopped 3 inches then I chopped it to 4 1/2. Now I'm channeled 3 inches and dropped the front with a flat cross member,reverse eye and 4" drop axle.rear has a pretty big kick up 4, linked now.starting t get that salt flat stance, want to see a Lil more chop in it to complete the look

2. JimSibley

JimSibley

5.5 inches is the perfect chop
    On an a. Leaves the windshield at 6 inches.

hipster likes this.
  3. I figured it would look best at that chop.any pics?

4. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

for sale parts for poor boy 060.JPG for sale pics II 008.JPG Both of theses are 5 1/2" chops... Click on pic for larger image

5. Scrap- I've said it many a time before but I'll say it again, your coupes are bad ass.always loved your bare metal one.it inspired me to do mine..till I realized its just too hard to maintain for me.I too love louvers. Your chops look killer.I think on my car the chop won't look as heavy since I've now got 3" channel and extensive susp. Change/lowering now

6. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Show us some pics hooligan...

7. I can't upload.also its sitting in a cramped up car port.I did the chop tho.3rd chops the charm at 5 1/2 inches.I like it.its channeled 3 inches now with a flat front cross member 4" drop axle and reverse eye.its pretty mean lookin now

8. clem

clem

Too much!.........show us more.

9. hipster

hipster

Ditto!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. OzyRodder

OzyRodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. My car looks similar to that one! Even the louvers.my car is a lot lower tho.I'll try to upload but having trouble on my tablet.thanks for the enthusiasm fellas!

12. Pics suck but.. First chops I cut the back window. This chop I cut above it.the car didn't have a back window section so I put one in.well I put it in too low,always looked goofy.so this time taking it out of the top fixed that. Keep in mind this was a model a special.not a real hard top.so all of that I have made.and I'm not the best!

13. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Good job on the back window.. Coupe Has a good look to it.. Looks like you're getting close to driving it...

14. Thanks,I've got a long ways to go.it was a running driving car for 6 years.this last winter I decided it needed changes.opened up a can of worms on that.couldn't stop changing stuff