Register now to get rid of these ads!

460 intake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ol'chevy, Nov 5, 2011.

1. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Does anyone make/ have a dual carb intake for a 460 Ford? I haven't had much luck finding one. The owner of the truck we are about to start would like to have one on it.

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

3. OneBad56

OneBad56

Yup, Blue Thunder is/was the only one to make a dual quad hi-rise and they can be pricey. Its a nice looking intake too.
    Holman Moody in NC also use to carry them with their name on them and they were even more pricer...at $200 more when I was looking for one. They told me that Blue Thunder use to make them for H-M.
    Manufacturer is A.T. Francis.

I see DSC Motorsports still offers them for sale at $550, they have a web site but I "hear" that some have had problems with prompt service from this company.
    They have one on e-bay at the moment (search ford 429 intakes), reserved price is usually quite close to the buy it price, maybe 10 or 20 bucks less.

I found mine on e-bay, new in a box, haven't seen any used ones.

Wieand offers a dual quad hi-ram tunnel ram.

Everybody else only offers single quads.

If you do find one, make sure its the non-SCJ/CJ intake as two types were available depending upon the port size.

blue thunder dual quad on a 429 (the 460's other sister):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I saw that one on ebay. Nice looking setup you have there on a nice looking pickup.

Don

5. 55delray

55delray
    from Florida

Onebad56, ever had issues with intake gaskets leaking? I've got a 429 SCJ with the tarantula intake and its sprung a leak near the passenger side water line.

6. OneBad56

OneBad56

Initially, back of the intake by the oil pressure sender and a small leak on the front by the dizzy.

Took it all off, put in a new intake gasket and then used a large, thick bead of red silicone make-a-gasket across the front and back, pressed it in place and it sealed.

7. ssaza25

ssaza25
    from arizona

I have a nice tunnel ram for the 460, $275 plus shipping.