Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 plymouth coupe 392 hemi build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmer12, Apr 7, 2010.

1. farmer12

farmer12

2. farmer12

farmer12

3. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Wow! After all these years we're finally get to see the Black Beauty! WooHoo! How soon do you think you'll be driving it Eric?

4. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks OahuEli! I think it's safe to say that the first drive will be made this year. Whether or not the interior will be finished, is another thing.

Here's a pic with the crew that are responsible for the amazing work!

From left to right: Carlos, Carlos, yours truly and Paulo.
    IMG_1967.JPG

Plung, Hogman, mgtstumpy and 3 others like this.
  5. hemi v8

hemi v8

x2.

6. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks hemi v8. It's great to see the regular followers are still excited about this project!

7. How could you not be impressed with this car. What a crew. Girl friend looks great too.

8. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks dirt t. Glad you like it!

9. Eric, I believe your car is going to become one of the iconic cars of our age much like the Hirohata Merc was/is of the '50s.

10. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

Loving your build farmer12!

11. farmer12

farmer12

You guys are too kind! Thanks for the comments.

12. farmer12

farmer12

Having a little fun at the end of the day!
    IMG_1973.JPG

Plung, Hogman, mgtstumpy and 7 others like this.
  13. thinkfink

thinkfink

Looking GOOOOOOOD Eric!
    Rad to see the progress.
    Can't wait to see it painted and on the street (and eating your dust...still suffering from serous hemi-envy)

wheelnutmarc likes this.
  14. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

how could we not be excited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

Glad to see the progress. I've been following this thread from the very beginning. having just gone through some major changes on my own car I fully understand the anxiety of wanting to have your car finished. I look forward to seeing the final results. Keep up the good work.

16. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you everyone for the great comments!

Update: the fenders are now all done and the only 2 things that are left to do is the hood and front grill. This will be done next week and then the hard work will be done. Can't wait!!
    IMG_1979.JPG

Plung, Hogman, mgtstumpy and 3 others like this.
  17. 150 page build thread, so far.
    That's Gotter be some kinda Hamb record I reckon! :D

18. RodStRace

RodStRace

As others have said, this build is amazing!
    Others keep wanting to see it in paint, but this is the part you cannot rush, it's gotta be right before the paint goes on. Better to share the amount of work at this stage so those that are following along can see what's involved.
    Be sure to pass along any hints, tips and checklists involved in the body prep that you can. It will help the guys that tackle it themselves and show those that pay why it takes so long and costs so much!

19. damn good shot, Eric! seems that even your headlamps are smiling!

OahuEli likes this.
  20. farmer12

farmer12

Haha! I think "need louvers?" has that title with 209 pages! I'm not here to set any records, I just want to share my build with everyone, that's all. The input from other Hambers has been exceptional and has certainly been motivational and a confirmation that the build is heading in the right direction.

Thanks RodStRace! I'm no expert in the sanding/paint department. But I do know that it takes a lot of time and expertise. I've never considered even trying it myself with this project. Why screw up 2000 hours of my work in these last stages by trying to accomplish something that I have no experience with? Let the experts do their magic. They think that they'll need 200 hours in total to accomplish the job. And then it still has to be painted! Yes, that's a lot of hours, but perfection takes time. And time costs money.

You're damn right Carsten!

21. the DutchDude

the DutchDude

Haven't been here in a little bit and i'm amazed and happy to see all this great progress!!
    she is really coming together now and in a beautifull way eric!
    For once i am happy to be living in the Netherlands instead of the states, cause i probably get to see it soon!! (sorry guys)
    Also, it's good to see all this work being done, somehow you hardly get to see the amount of work it takes to do a decent prep work before paint!

22. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Perry! Colour is only a few weeks away now, can't wait either!

23. speed v8

speed v8

I think you're right Perry. Not a lot of people know how much work goes into the prep stage to get it looking perfect. Good work as always Eric!

24. Keep the updates coming.

25. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks speed v8!

I'll have another update later this week dirt t!

26. deto

deto

I have been following this thread, and it has been great inspiration to "do it right". I don't think there's one square inch on this car that hasn't been massaged by you. It's incredible to see what some one across the pond can do. It makes me feel lazy and indulged here in the US when i think of what it must take to build a car of that caliber and not be state side. Cheers to you, sir. You continue to raise the bar.

27. 4rod

4rod

Nice work farmer. See all that great welding paid off only a little body work required. I'm a firm believer in welding right and metal work before. so there's less skim and bondo work to fill in things.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you gentlemen for the kind words!

The car is on hold for a week, as my best friend Bart and I have just arrived in Houston! Going to be at the GoodGuys show at the Texas Motor Speedway next weekend. Before that we're going to see some things here in Houston and in Austin. A well deserved break I think!

29. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Have fun in there!

30. C0ra1l1

C0ra1l1

Dynamic duo on the road again; have an enjoyable trip in the Lone Star state!