Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 plymouth coupe 392 hemi build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmer12, Apr 7, 2010.

1. BACAGrizz

BACAGrizz

Eric, as to the van, are you going to put a Hemi in it too?

2. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

I remember when I was 18. First Dodge van I drove felt like it had a Hemi. It would burn the tires for blocks. A cool custom throttle stop might work for a while. (grin)

3. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks for the comments Steve. The body shop will have room for my car mid-march. Things have been quiet here the last week regarding work on the Plymouth. My buddy Bart and I are off to the US this friday for a well deserved rest. (and a lot of hot rod shops and Goodguys in Scottsdale!!) Can't wait!!:D

4. farmer12

farmer12

Mmmmm...there's a thought.:rolleyes:

I'm going to keep it fairly stock for the time being. But I did find some headers that fit the 360.........:D I'm going to concentrate on the Plymouth first. And if there's any money left over after that, I'll take a look at the van. Or something else to build.:D:D:D

5. That line made me chuckle, can't wait to see some of that nice black shine on the panels.
    Looking good Farmer, keep up the good work.

6. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks tomkelly88! Things are on hold for the coming 10 days as we've just arrived at a very windy Seal Beach, CA.:D:D:D

Attached Files:

Hogman likes this.
  7. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't step in the seal poop and don't drink the water! Have fun out west, Big E!

8. farmer12

farmer12

We've been busy here in CA! Been to the Petersen and NHRA museum, Pomona swap meet, So Cal, Mooneyes and Barry's speed shop. And that all in the last 72 hours. The weather has finally turned dry, so we hope to see a lot more in the coming days!

Attached Files:

Hogman, hemi v8 and Car like this.
  9. Looks like you guys are having WAY too much fun!

10. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

All that in 72 hrs?
    Did you score anything from Pomona?
    Have a nice vacation there!

11. yes, Antti, seems a lot of stuff for only 72hrs, young fellas, eh? Eric & Bart, have fun over there!

Cheers, Carsten

12. 1959apache

1959apache

Looks like a great time Eric, hope everything is going well. Check out Santa Barbara if you get a chance, they have a fun little amusement park there. Post more pictures!

13. farmer12

farmer12

YEP!

Only scored a few little things, nothing drivable.:D

Thank Carsten!

We won't have time for Santa Barbara, but I'll post a few more pics.

14. farmer12

farmer12

We drove all the way to Del Mar for breakfast yesterday and then drove back up north along the coast to San Clemente. We met up with Eric, Ian Loska and Bob Hill.

Ian has built some great cars during the years and is the person responsible for doing the original chop on my car. I then bought it from him in august 2009 and the rest is history.:D At the moment he's just finished an awesome 34 truck and took us out for lunch at a great hamburger place. That truck moves!! Ian and I talked cars for most of the time. What a great guy!

Joining us was Bob Hill, president of the Aces car club. After lunch he took Bart and I to a few local hot rod shops. Also a great guy, taking most of the afternoon to show us around.

There was great respect everywhere we went and I'd like to thank the guys for making us feel so very welcome! (pic2=Ian, pic3=Bob)

Attached Files:

Hogman and hemi v8 like this.
  15. desertdroog

desertdroog

Nail powered Truck! Dig it!

Is he on the HAMB at all? I want some details on that drivetrain. Was it auto or stick? Rear end? I don't mean to derail, but that is a killer ride.

16. farmer12

farmer12

It's a manual gearbox, don't know the rear end. Ian goes by as "V8" here on the H.A.M.B.

17. loudbang

loudbang

I'm pretty sure there is a video of that pickup doing wicked burnouts and donuts. Sorry can't remember which thread.

18. desertdroog

desertdroog

Thanks, will do some google-fu to find it.

19. farmer12

farmer12

The last couple of days have been very busy running around here in CA. Met up with Troy at Hollywood Hot Rods. Showed us all the cool things going on in the shop. Impressive workmanship going on there!

We've have arrived in Scottsdale AZ and just returned from the first day at GoodGuys. More pics soon.

Attached Files:

20. powhatan42

powhatan42

Eric welcome back to the U.S.A! You have to come to the East Coast...LOL The weather has been much better where you are. Your car is coming along quite well indeed!

You will see me posting more this Spring so stay tuned.

21. Marten

Marten

Some trip you made..cool! Emailed a few times with Troy, cool guy..(geen kapsones, daar hou ik wel van) don´t know how to translate this..

22. It's a really cool truck...saw it at the GNRS this year in the Suede Palace...along with the burnout video playing in the background.:thumbup::cool:

Sent VIA top secret BIGREDTODD Mobile HQ

23. V8

V8

Just checking in for progress on the Plymouth. Once again, it was great to meet both of you guys - it's awesome to know that hotrods can introduce you to cool people from all the way on the other side of the planet!

24. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

25. farmer12

farmer12

No updates at the moment Antti. I have been doing a few small things, but at the moment I have to wait till the body shop has room for my project. I'll need to wait another 2 weeks and then this build will move on to body and paint.

Even though we've returned from the US 3 weeks ago, here's one last pic from that trip, this time with Finigan and Freiburger from Hot Rod magazine. Great friendly guys!

Attached Files:

26. hemi v8

hemi v8

Any news from the body shop Eric?

27. Car

Car
    from the desert

I was just thinking the same thing. Can't wait to see some color on this beautiful project.

28. Looks like it might be the bodyshop blues...

29. Hogman

Hogman
    from Dallas, TX

Don't you just love bodyshops.....

30. Inspiring stuff, can't wait to see it being assembled. Are you going to watch the color go on? Black always looks great being sprayed on especially the first coat.