Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 41 ford coupe cowl molding

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1980gold, Jul 27, 2015.

1. 1980gold

1980gold

So besides my intro this is my first post. I have a 41 ford coupe. I want to get rid of my cowl mounted mirrors but need the molding in the spot where the mirrors are mounted. Does anyone have any idea where I can find something similar as far as style that I could use. I will post a picture of the molding style below. I checked already and no one sells this particular piece or any really for a 41 ford. thanks to anyone who replies

Attached Files:

2. Drive'em

Drive'em

Try finding a piece of trim off another 41', like the hood or door and make your own. We had to do that when we built a phantom 48' Explorer.

3. fordor41

fordor41

Ebay maybe but everyone thinks they're made of gold! Any '41 beltline chrome will work. Cut to length and bend cut end over. Put cut end towards the door , less noticeable with hood open

4. 1980gold

1980gold

I was thinking that also but all I see online is 40 ford which looks close in the pics but not exact.

5. Try running a 'wanted' ad in the classified here. I had more-or-less the same problem; those worthless 'cowl trim' mirrors replacing the OEM trim, and my '47 trim isn't reproduced (only the '48 trim is). The trim I got used wasn't that great, but a trip to a local guy who repairs trim fixed that.

6. 1980gold

1980gold

sounds like a good idea I am here new so I haven't made my way around the whole site yet, thanks

7. shootest

shootest
    from Upstate NY

E-mail me at [email protected] I can help.

8. spooler41

spooler41

One other option might be , to move the hood trim back and use the end piece
    to make the cowl molding. Just a thought!

.......................... Jack

9. fcarnut

fcarnut

Drop me and e-mail or PM. I probably have both sides.