Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 3rd Annual Arizona Hot Rod Hundred-Saturday April 9th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by So-cal Tex, Jan 22, 2016.

1. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

IMG_6957.JPG
    Here it is from last year.......period perfect flathead roadster and he drives it everywhere, here is the proof resized9.jpg
    IMG_6954.JPG

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    guthriesmith and need louvers ? like this.
  2. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

It was so much fun here are some pictures that Dennis' wife took of the run, I was too busy leading a bunch of rowdy hot rodders through the back road of the Foothills to take any other pictures.
    IMG_6920.JPG IMG_6939.JPG IMG_6908.JPG IMG_6950.JPG IMG_6904.JPG IMG_6897.JPG IMG_6901.JPG IMG_6913.JPG IMG_6942.JPG

UNSHINED 2, guthriesmith and squirrel like this.
  3. 3blapcam

3blapcam

Man... I just saw this and it looked like a good time! I just moved here (Mesa) and would love to make next years! I have to get thrashing though... I'm without a running/driving car at the moment, but I have a good one that's not too far off!!!

You don't always schedule it during LSRU weekend, right?! That'll be a tough one for me... as Austin's my hometown!

3blap.

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I spy with my little eye a Hot Rod Central Louver Co T-shirt in the third picture! Io it's kinda like I was there.... Nope, I'm reaching.

That little .29 on '32 rails is stunning! It was parked in front of me at So-Cal last month, so I had tons of time to soak it in.

5. Hey Chip,

I need one of those. PM me, either here on on the FB, and lets work out the details. ;-)

6. A Boner

A Boner

image.jpg Interesting two-tone on the Ford wagon.....some of the factory touches back then were really slick! What year is this, 53? Are those stock hub caps?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    Old Rod likes this.
  7. Well, we did talk ABOUT you a lot, Chip, and you didn't argue back all that much, so, yeah, you were kinda there....I'm reachin' too.

need louvers ? likes this.
  8. hoop

hoop

We had an amazing time and would love to thank everyone who made the huge effort to put on these two great events. We encourage anyone, near or far, to join in the fun next year. It was so much fun to see areas around Springfield MO and Phoenix AZ we would not have found on our own. Best of all was the great folks we met. Couldn't find nicer people anywhere.

cvstl, bchrismer and Dan Hay like this.
  9. We still have 4 more events you all could hit this year. :D Thanks so much for supporting a couple of them already! You two are on quite the journey this spring!

cvstl and bchrismer like this.
  10. mopacltd

mopacltd

Wow! Two pictures of my junk('55 cheby) I didn't think anyone liked it. It's too quiet, too slow and has spots all over it.

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'll catch up with ya over on FB.

12. bob b.

bob b.
    from peoria az.

I had a grate time with some grate people and the old 70's built 32 did well lost the brake lights but was a easy fix

13. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Great meeting and talking to you in Springfield. St. Louis in the Fall is nice..... Oct 8.

bchrismer likes this.
  14. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

Yes, 53 and the hub caps are stock. Thanks for the compliments!

15. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Jim, I hope you make it next April and join us for 100+ miles of fun, for you it this should be simple compared to Drag week but still a lot of fun.

squirrel likes this.
  16. Glad it was an easy fix and nothing "exciting" happened along the way!

17. Bummed I missed it!

18. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Thanks for the coverage. It looks like you had a fun day.

19. mopacltd

mopacltd

Any news on next April's route?

bchrismer likes this.
  20. mopacltd

mopacltd

So-Cal Tex, we doing the run this year?

21. There will be no Arizona Hot Rod Hundred this year, unfortunately. So-Cal Tex is a super busy dude and something had to give. If things slow down in the future, he might get it going again.

22. mopacltd

mopacltd

That is too bad. Lots of nice cars and the people made it a very fun run.

23. mopacltd

mopacltd

Any word on when we are having another run?

bob b. likes this.
  24. bob b.

bob b.
    from peoria az.

lets do it again I am up for it

25. I don't know of any discussions going on about kicking the Arizona Hot Rod Hundred back off again. As Dan mentions above, Doug was pretty busy last time we talked about doing this run. I do know there is talk of a California run for 2021 though.

26. I'd be interested in doing this either in California or Arizona. Everybody stay safe and healthy.

bob b. likes this.