Register now to get rid of these ads!

History National Roadster Show for 1959...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. Great series Jay!!

Charles Krikorian was there with his A roadster, 1960 saw it debut as "The Emperor".
    Also Bob Tindle was there with a '32 roadster. Bob of course is better known for the "Orange Crate"

3. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Don't forget Jerry Anolik's Moon Rocket. That is still for sale. Big bucks but who knows. Call him (916) 761-3581 or (916) 989- 9675

This car needs to be restored to it's glory days shape.

Attached Files:

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

cool stuff once again.

anybody know anything about the Corvette in the center picture on page 3??

back around 1980 there was an orange Vette built in that style with a straight axle at an apartment complex in Fremonts Irvington district. axle was chromed, and even then I knew it was an old custom redone in the current "street machine" style. I've seen lots of old custom vettes and many were close, but I'm 95% certain that is the one.

I always wonder where are all the photos people took at these shows?

5. Jay (@Jive-Bomber) ... I've really enjoyed this series ... I even plugged them in @Royalshifter's "Vintage Hot Rod Shows....picture thread" (click HERE) ... thanks for posting the '57, '58, & '59 programs.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

Todd (HEMI32) ... I bet your parenthisis keys are worn to a nub.:D

7. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Glad you enjoyed!

If I come across more I'll be sure to post them. I also have programs from the Sports Car races at Laguna Seca in the 50's and few drag programs from Vacaville and such.

8. catdad49

catdad49

Those pics. stir memories of the little books I used to read. As I read the descriptions of the different vehicles, I am mentally building them and also wondering where they are. Some I would like to see, others I'm not so sure of!

9. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Great stuff, love to read the bios, Thanks for posting! Slim