Register now to get rid of these ads!

'39-'42 Studebaker Gasser Photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Panneton Bros. Racing, May 22, 2009.

1. Danny G

Danny G

The light blue 41 coupe with the avalon sheild on the door is mine. It is believed to be one that I drove in 1966. It belonged to Richard Collier and was the AHRA reord holder. The body traveled all over the country, was a bracket car and almost a street rod when I found it and brought it back to a race car. There were 2 41 coupes in the town where I live that were race cars.

2. Your car is too cool. Thats my favorite Stude body style. My next car is gonna be a coupe or a tudor sedan.

3. madmak95

madmak95

Yea ... id say that baby blue beast runs pretty good, Danny. Even with you driving.....:D... This is one of my favorite pic of yours and my car at the Hamb drags....

Attached Files:

4. One of my favorite Studes! Gotta love the Hemi mill!

Attached Files:

5. Big Block Bill

Big Block Bill

That top red Studa Skuda is racing at Westhampton Dragway, very early 70's. I remember the car racing at Islip Speedway when I worked there, which was an 1/8 mile. I believe the owner was Frank Wilson from Hauppauge if memory serves me. There was another Stude that ran at Islip with a FI Pontiac for power and I think it had a hydro in it. That red car was beautiful.

6. 5w32

5w32

heres a couple more stude shots

still looking for info on my new purchase!

Attached Files:

7. 5w32

5w32

another photo of the boss when it was red!

Attached Files:

8. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

Wow...............where did you get that picture. Would it be possible to get a copy as I still plan on recreating that car with a little help from the man who accually drove it back in the 60's. He's really excited about the possibility of sitting behind the wheel again. I plan on having him build a 301 ci chevy engine by the end of the year. I just bought another 40 coupe off of E-bay that was in a lot better condition then the 39 that I had to start the build.

P.S. There is a VERY RARE 51 Austin window panel on E-bay for sale.:D

9. 5w32

5w32

did you buy the stock one in primer #260538564154 from ohio? its killer!

10. spinout

spinout
    from Dallas, TX

Funny how any old coupe becomes cool when it becomes a gasser!

11. oldsrocket

oldsrocket

I was eying that one also.... Looked pretty decent in the pictures, but a lot about the description scared me. Hope it's nicer than decribed. I was a bit surprised at the selling price.

12. rockguy92

rockguy92

IMO, I always thought the Stude gassers looked better than the Wyllis. Hey Oldsrocket, what side of town do you live on? I am really digging your build.
    The Rock

13. oldsrocket

oldsrocket

I'm 20min north of columbus in sunbury. Those pics were taken awhile back during a mock-up phase. I'm finally getting to a point of starting some actual work on it.

My setup plans include:
    1964 pontiac 389 pushed 60 over to 400ci w/ a 6x2 cross-ram intake and vertex magneto.

rear will be a 8.5" 10-bolt posi rear running a 4.88 rear gear

Tranny at this point will be a TH400, unless a 4spd happens to fall into my lap somehow.

I just scored a set of slot skinnys for the front and a set of hoosiers for the slots on teh rear. The stance will change a bit soon, once the motor gets in there and the tires I plan to use are on there.

where are you?

14. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

That WAS the one on E-bay I bought a week ago. Yea I hope its in a lot better condition then the one that I have right now. I plan on picking it up next Saturday. I already have the hilborn injection, 58 vw seats, halibrands with pie cut slicks, straight axle with hairpin radius rods ,61 chev truck rear with loooooong traction bars and plan on painting it red and put THE BOSS back on the doors. Randy

15. 5w32

5w32

the plan is to put my 471 blown 327 and th400 in for now and patch up a few small issues , and get it street/strip ready. i have 15 x 10" chrome reverse wheels on vintage 10.50 x15 goodyear bluestreaks for the rear and 15x4 crestlines on 5.00x15 goodrichs for the front. i'll post pic later

Attached Files:

16. reefconcepts

reefconcepts

Big Block Bill,
    That red Studebaker was not the Studa Skuda. I owned the Studa Skuda and it was candy apple red and was a sedan not a coupe. I thank you for remembering, it has been a while as the last time I ran was 73. Wow how the drags have changed. I remember the other Studebaker, it was silver and also a 2 door sedan, lived around the corner also in Hauppauge. I was lucky enough to get the Studa Skuda in Speed and Supercar picture was taken in 1970. Thanks again, Frank Edited Part! The first time I looked the first picture it was not open or I did not see it, so the very top picture "is" the Studa Skuda. Anyone have more pictures of it? That is the best one I have now as my old ones are old, like me. Thanks again...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  17. edweird

edweird

i could'nt resist. heres my pop at maxton last year on his way to seting a record. smoke is photoshopped....sorry. 1941 studebaker commander

Attached Files:

• DAD.jpg
      DAD.jpg
      File size:
      56.7 KB
      Views:
  18. Lockjaw

Lockjaw

super stude is in my shop bieng redone to race. i 'm still in need of lots of trim parts if anyone has 41 champion parts let me know. hard to believe how many there were racing back then. sorry i cant post photos i 'm computer brain dead. great post!

19. Lockjaw

Lockjaw

Gave it a try on attaching photos of Super Stude. One is old, one is new (in progress).

Attached Files:

20. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

Since Im home burried in 2 feet of snow I decided to sit down and try to attach a photo of THE BOSS from 1970 thru 1972. The picture was taken at the Country club in Hanover,Pa. Not a real good picture. Randy

Attached Files:

21. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

Here are the pictures i have. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

22. 5w32

5w32

do you have any more photos ....these are great!

23. 5w32

5w32

.....this is toooo funny... exactly the same as my old suburban!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

24. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

Damn...............Thats a wild coincidence. Thats a pretty rare truck. I have been looking for one of those for a couple years now thats workable. Most I have found are already done , or too rusty to work with. Im looking for some more photos of the stude and will try to post later today.

25. 5w32

5w32

i sold my suburban in 1990 after owning it for 13 years and have tried to buy it back for many years ....no luck so far, i am building a 55 cameo pickup as tribute to the suburban, have a look at my cameo photo album

Attached Files:

26. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

Im diggin it.............looks like a nice roadster next door too. Your going to have a couple of nice rides when your done.

27. 5w32

5w32

a little off topic....but..

Attached Files:

28. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

Since we are showing our rides.
    Thought you might like to see a few shots of the Willys Ive had since 1978. These shots were taken around 1971.

Are both of those dueces yours? Bet that roadster is a blast to drive. And yes I got your message about the Stude parts. I was going to pick up the coupe this weekend in Ohio untill we got this blizzard. I was going to get it home then decide what Im going to keep and what Im going to let go. I will give you first crack at it. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

29. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

Here are pictures of my current fleet of cars.

Attached Files:

30. oldsrocket

oldsrocket

Been trying to knock away at my project a bit lately. Recently I got the pontiac motor mocked up in the frame. Also started building headers. I have yet to see a set of aftermarket produced fenderwell headers, so didn't have much of a choice. I can see why you don't see them being made, since the exhaust ports point dang near straight down. The ones I'm building are coming along, but still a lot of work left to do.....finish welding, grinding, and install the collectors. It's harder than it looks! $200-$300 for a set of headers that you don't have to mess with is well worth it after this little task. So far, I have three nights into them and would still not consider them perfect. My first set of self-fabricated headers though....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]