Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 36 ford custom build (MISS SCARLET)

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by kippers 34, Jul 5, 2013.

1. LBCD

LBCD

Yep..40's too!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. I started assembling the doors today. After installing the stainless strikers, dove tails, and rubber stoppers I installed the door handle on the drivers door. When I got to the passenger side I needed to repair or replace the latch because the inside handle dident pull far enough. I went to milkweeds to get a latch from a parts car but they were all worn worse than mine so I added a weld to the catch so it would pull a little farther wich worked so I reinstalled the latch. With the latch working I installed the passenger handle and lock. I spent the rest of the day installing Dinamat in the roof and on the quarters. I know it is not quite traditional but I couldent bring myself to apply roofing tar to her for sound deadening either. Now only the tail and firewall are left. Now on too window channels and felts.

3. I Agree! Your 41 looks really nice in maroon.

4. LBCD

LBCD

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing your car finished...you've made the build look easy! Great skill!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. telekenfun

telekenfun

Kipp, It's looking great! While we all have been concentrating on your body work, many of the fine details you have planned have been forgotten. My thoughts reflect back to your bumperette tailight feature and wondering how all that has been resolved. Has something been simultaneously been in the works on those parts while the engine and body stuff was getting done? Here's hoping all is going well with the assembly process.
    My progress will stop for about 10 days as work takes me to Seattle for that time. I'm planning a visit with Nate again to see his progress and offer as much support and encouragement as I can. You both have had HUGE mountains to climb.
    Best Regards, And good luck with all your endeavors, KB.

6. daddio211

daddio211

Happy birthday Kipp!

7. Thanks as usual KB.
    I had a guy make me some lenses out of glass but they just dident come out as nice as I had hoped. So another friend took my guards and made a patern and poured some beautifull acrylic lenses. The guards are now ready to go to get chromed. If I can get pic's to load off of my text I will post them.
    Even though my attention has been on the body there has been a lot of little things going on in the background that will come out in the future.
    Till Nate hi and have a safe trip.
    Later Kipp

8. Thanks Eric. Even though I worked today tons of people came by the shop and visited/brought presents. It has been a nice day.

daddio211 likes this.
  9. And that's the stuff that can take a lot of time, but really make a difference.

10. I don't think you ever finish all the little details. They seem to appear every now and then.

11. After having the grill dechromed and then the hood latch mounting brackets remaved. Afterwards Brian welded an upright where the tab was now the grill is ready to be ground and prepped for chrome. I think the grill is the last piece to go out to chrome.

firepilot and daddio211 like this.
  12. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

It looks like it needs lots of cleanup so when you think its ready I better make sure you are not slacking again......

13. Or mabey you could come over and prep it for me. That would be super sweet.

14. Moto Moto

Moto Moto
    from Krum, TX

Great build sir. Enjoyed reading the entire thread.

15. Thanks. Glad you liked the read.

16. I had to work most of the day yesterday so I dident get a lot done. When I got home I decided to install the roof wood. Milkweed bought a sedan for parts and it came with new roof bows that he wasent going to use so I acquired them for the coup. I figured there could'nt be much of a diferance. The front two fit exact and the third I had to elongate the slots about 3/8's" on both sides. The crown was the same on all five bows so they fit very well. The bows are closer togather so the mount for the interior light needed to be shortened before assembly. Everything looks good now on to dinamat the coul.

firepilot likes this.
  17. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking forward to the soft top installation, as I have one to do on my '36. I've picked up a lot of useful info following your posts. Just wanted you to let you know how much help you've been. I appreciate the time & effort you've taken to keep the posts going!

18. Thanks. I haven't decided exactly how to do the insert yet. I have a couple different ideas but haven't setteled on wich one yet.
    She has definately taken on a life of her own. I am glad you have found her build informitave. I am glad to be back on the fun stuff.

19. Kustom.Falcon and firepilot like this.
  20. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

Great to have a little helper. Car looks amazing as usual.

21. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I used to call my son a help in the Butt. I wish he was around now.:D The dash looks great. Will you be selling rides in Windover?:)

22. Thanks. The little ones love the old cars.
    Thanks. I couldent wait to see the dash installed. My daughters always loved the hotrods(they fight over who gets wich car) now my granddaughters love helping and going for rides.
    Selling rides. Great idea. Lol.

daddio211 likes this.
  23. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Everyday is like Christmas at your house!!

24. Christmas will be when she moves under her own power! If you make it to this side of the mountain you should stop by Eric.

25. I hopped in the Pontiac this morning and went over to milkweed's house to rob the left rear shock body from his 3 window so I could send a good pair off to get rebuilt. Then I drove up to Tim's house to drop parts off to Larry and to check on the progress of the motor.
    He is in the process of grinding the valve seats and smoothing the ports. Getting closer to being ready for install. By the time I got home it was a little late so I dident get anything don in the garage.

Kustom.Falcon and firepilot like this.
  26. telekenfun

telekenfun

27. Thanks KB. I have a friend that does chrome and has a new build that needs a whole bunch of powder so I have been able to get everything I wanted to chrome done without breaking the bank. assembly is coming along nicely and she should be on the road soon.