Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 36 ford custom build (MISS SCARLET)

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by kippers 34, Jul 5, 2013.

1. bobo1

bobo1
    from France

Ok thank's

2. Milkweed is painting the dash as we speek. Should have pics tomarrow.

3. daddio211 and firepilot like this.
  4. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

Looks great.

5. How cool is that!

6. Very very.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

You did such a great job on your 36/40 dash. Great color. Will we be able to see it in Windover at speed week?

8. Perfect Kipp.These cars look so great in maroon.

9. Thanks Everyone. She is getting so close to color I can taste it and yes she had to be maroon. She will definatly be out to Bonneville for speed week.
    I made some carts to hold the front fenders today. I will make a couple to hold the rear's tomarrow.

firepilot likes this.
  10. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

We want to see the fender "carts"... we're afraid we'll miss something!

firepilot likes this.
  11. firepilot and daddio211 like this.
  12. firepilot likes this.
  13. daddio211

daddio211

Holy shit balls Kipp!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  14. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Man I cant wait to see this! Hey if you need an extra hand loading, etc I will be in SLC today......let me know.

15. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

This is exciting! Be sure to get plenty of paint under it. One trip to Bonneville can ruin a lot of hard work. That crap is hard to get completely off. There is enough salt on the streets and parking lots in Wendover to wreck stuff.:eek:

16. telekenfun

telekenfun

Kipp, Euro Sport looks like a great and together facility. But with all the hot rods in the works there, maybe they should think about re-naming the place! With all the time and effort you have put into this project it should be comforting to have it painted in such a facility. I sure the results will be spectacular. Will it be a two stage (color and clear coat) or single stage finish? With the finish on you will be just about half way done with this one! I mean because of anxiousness or deliberate caution, assembly from here on out seems to take an inordinate amount of time. I'm 8 months past paint and still not done!
    Best Regards and good luck with all your endeavors, KB.

17. I know right!
    Thanks for the offer Eric.
    The salt is nasty this is true but there is nothing on earth like it!
    Euro Sport is definatly a nice shop to be able to have access to and I will powder a frame or two for Tom for letting me use his facility. She will be painted in base clear.
    She had better be finished by april at the latest. As long as everything keeps moving at this pace she should be done for spring. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

daddio211 likes this.
  18. Tomarrow paint will fly!

19. That maroon will look great - I can't wait to see it! I've had my 38 coupe for 35 years, and whenever I get asked what color I'm going to paint it I have always said maroon. Fantastic build!

20. Yes it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have been doing last minute little things this morning like wet sanding one of the fender skirts that slipped through the cracks and a few other little flaws.
    I will post pic's later today or in the morning if painting goes to late. Wish me luck!

21. longgoner

longgoner
    from western ny

To a bum like me it's sure to be more than perfect.

For you, after the months of amazing work you've done, I hope finally seeing it in color makes you smile real hard for a long time to come.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  22. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

My first car(1959) was a '38 coupe and the planned color was Honduras Maroon. It was the only color I knew the name of, It never happened.:( Any time now.:)

23. daddio211

daddio211

I've seen pictures of the painted body, but I'm not stealing his thunder and sharing them! Looking amazing!!!!

24. Are you talking about milkweed? He looked like he was wearing a new shade of maroon too... :D

25. daddio211

daddio211

Ha! No, but yes. We really need to convince him to wear a suit while in the booth.

26. It's 130 in the morning and I just got home. The body rear fenders and skirts are done and came out beautiful. I will go back tomarrow to finish everything else. will post many pics tomarrow.

27. I´m so excited,can hardly wait to see them pics.