Register now to get rid of these ads!

350 chev water flow diagram

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by r600, Apr 10, 2010.

1. r600

r600

hey does anyone have a diagram of the water flow pattern on a small block chev????cheers adrian

2. r600

r600

anyone????

3. 1934coupe

1934coupe

I just have to ask, Why!

Pat

4. Hyway Hauler

Hyway Hauler

Small block chevrolet, not including 400 ci., takes water from the bottom or radiator into the waterpump and is pumped into the front of the block and around the cylinders were it can migrate under pressure through the holes in the head gasket and head and then travels along to collect at the front of each cylinder head to continue through the front of the intake manifold to the water neck just under the thermostat and when the thermostat is open it flows directly back to the radiator. Also ther is a coolant bypass built into the waterpump, block and head on the passengers side to allow some flow in the morning for heater and defrost operation. In essence getting some warm water to areas where the heater hoses can supply coolant to the heater core.

Hope this helps.

5. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

6. r600

r600

thanks everyone,to 1934 it for my friend thats trying to sort his water system out on his boat re-water manifold i know its not hot rod related but i am getting his old 350 for my rod,cheers to all adrian

7. Rob Kozak

Rob Kozak

I was wondering the same thing. I was wondering if it were possilbe to plumb the back of the manifold intstead of the front and suck the water through?
    I am building a blown BB/A for the street and put my Rad in the trunk. I want to keep the engine as "Race" looking as posible so I would like to NOT plumb the front of the manifold.
    I am running a Blown SBC with mechanical fuel injection with the pump off the cam. (Don't tell me the mech fuel injection won't work. I've already done it on another car. Very easy actually)

8. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Rob Kozak In your case you can run it any way you want. I run Hilborn on my MG with a Hilborn front cover and cam driven fuel pump. We run a Jabsco "water puppy" boat 12volt water pump plumbed into theports where the original SBC water pump bolted Jegs and Summit both have fittings that bolt on and take AN fittings. The return comes out of the Hilborn manifold and goes back to the radiator. BUT this year Hilborn had port in the back of the manifold and I utilized them by making a cross over hose. I don't know if its any more efficient but it does work as far as flowing is concerned.

Pat

Attached Files:

9. Rob Kozak

Rob Kozak

1934 Coupe,
    Thanks for the info and the pic. You've eased my mind.
    It just makes for a cleaner intall. (At least I think so.)