Register now to get rid of these ads!

35 3W build off

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chrisp, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Jack Luther

Jack Luther

I have a '35 3-window, and I have to admit that I like the stock lines. But, especially considering what you started with, I congratulate you on some great work. You obviously have plenty of skill and a great eye, and a great car takes both. Keep the pictures coming (and paint it black).

2. chrisp

chrisp

Thanks, I believe it's nobody's interest to waste the customer's money. Sometimes it's better to buy new instead of fabricating or rebuilding too even if it makes less money for the shop (sorry Troy:D ) , he might even spend that money somewhere else on the build. I also believe that a customer happy who gets his car faster (if that's possible) might come back and will talk good about us, thus sending others to us, so in the long run the shop still make that money.
    Plus I place myself at the place of the customer, I don't have much money and hate it when it goes to waste.

As for the color, it won't be black, but the customer was talking about a very dark, almost black, brown or maroon.

3. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Chrisp,

Your work simply leaves me speechless...

Troy, if you are reading this you need to give this guy a huge-ass raise! :D The craftsmanship here is unbelievable.:eek:

Keep up the fantastic work and keep those pictures coming.

Thor

4. williebill

williebill

beautiful work ... thanks for sharing ....your talent is showing bigtime on this car

5. Vergil

Vergil

6. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

Pure eyecandy!!! So cool to see a guy with exellent skills create a true piece of art!!!! Cant wait to see more!!

Mikael

7. hhrTroy

hhrTroy
    from Burbank

He already makes more then me! :)

8. chrisp

chrisp

Troy don't listen to your reason, listen to Thor1!!!!!!

9. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

I am lucky enough to be woking on some projects for Hollywood Hot Rods and I get to see the progress on this thing in person.

the pictures Do NOT do this build justice & Chris is a great "bodyman" and a great guy, but I am sure he sold his soul to the devil to have the talent he posseses

10. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Where is the line to sell your soul. If that is all it took to have that talent, consider my soul for sale! This is incredable.

11. Dakota Kid

Dakota Kid

Thats a project and a half. You r right that is the worst chop job I ever done. I thought my first solo chop was bad it makes mine look like a pro. Can't wait to see it done. 35's look nasty with the right stance and 36 go that appeal My dad is building a complet custom Westergard style roadster from the old pic. I need to get some pics posted real soon.

12. Flatattack

Flatattack

Hey Chrisp, great build and it's good to see it coming along. This car is even more amazing in the flesh and yes, you are worth more money - for the publicity at least!!

I've attached a photo of a White Superpower to show the grill just so you know I wasn't making it up :D. I own one like this that's how I knew what it was.

Thanks for your hospitality.

Bruce

Attached Files:

13. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Jeezus.... If I had your talent I'd burn mine...... Beautiful!

14. Mistersponge

Mistersponge

Car looks gorgeous man, great work.

15. DRD57

DRD57

I can honestly say that I'm not impressed by much but I am very impressed with your sense of proportions, your vision for this car and the quality of your work.

16. Can't wait to see this car when finished. That looks as tho it may end up one of the more beautiful cars around. I assume it's going to be nic e and shiny?

17. chrisp

chrisp

If it wasn't for you I would still be scratching my head, the seller still insist that it came off of a Packard, I ain't gonna argue with him, I like it anyway.

Thank you all for the encouragements, I would have never expected such a reaction to this car, I'm only starting to realize how wild this build is.

And yes, I still think that my metal work sucks when I compare what I do with the Lazee's, Marcel's and such. I'm the most critique on my work, I believe this is the only way to improve even if sometimes I get frustrated.
    Anyway stay tune, more coming up this week.

18. Keep up the good work, I really like the Plymouth fenders to extend the front out further, great thinking to use them. You really inspire me to get more creative on the 37 Chevy coupe I am (supposed to be) building for my wife. Right now it is just apart and I have been distracted working on other projects.

19. ANewBeat

ANewBeat
    from Floriduh

Very cool. I love the utilization of odd parts. Can't wait to see the end result.

20. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

what can I say that has not been said already.....you are the man....so when do you get your own show on TLC??

21. who needs TLC when the HAMB is already in place

SPOSE I SHOULD NOT START EYEING UP MY NICE CLEAN 35 FORDOR BODY NOW....
    BET YOUR SCRAP / LEFTOVERS ARE GONNA LOOK GOOD TOO

22. skyrodder

skyrodder

Dayum!!!!! I'd sell my soul for a car like that

23. bosox

bosox
    from Nebraska

I just keep goin back at the pics and looking at it over and over. It is unbelievable how everything flows so well. I have pictures of original 35 and 36's above my desk and am just amazed at what you are doing there. Clearly, you have an incredible talent and will be on high demand as soon as this car is in the mainstream. It is great to have the creativity to make happen you have made happen.

As others have said, I am in line for the selling of the soul. If it gives me the creativity, talent, and drive to produce this caliber of car, I am all in.

cale

24. send_it_all

send_it_all

Unbelievable work, Chris. I havent seen work that clean since someone posted the link to Steve Sellers' myspace page. If anyone here hasn't seen his work look up "sellers equiped". In fact reading this post made me go back to his site to check it out again. Both you and he are in a class by yourselves and each of you should be proud to be mentioned in the same paragraph as the other.

Looking forward to seeing more of this car.

25. Wow, what a thread, what a job. I was looking at some of the shots I took when Flatattack and I visited, still shaking my head about your "workshop!" Keep at it - and don't forget the Shitroen (factory hydraulics).

26. Fe26

Fe26

Ooo, La, La, on the 35 truck grille.:cool:

27. Zuluman

Zuluman

I had Troy design my 51 Chevy chop years ago and it is awesome to see that this shop has maintained a superior sense of design and quality. Troy himself chopped it, Ryan was an assistant and Chris did some finish work. I'm happy to see this team produce such inovative work...and it doesn't stop with this post. You should see some of their other projects that aren't publically known yet.
    Hats off to Troy and the HHR team!!!
    ~Zuluman

28. banzaitoyota

banzaitoyota

29. TommyLeDouche

TommyLeDouche

A car like that honestly brings a tear to my eye.

30. chrisp

chrisp

Ok, for this week not much new, and the build might be less interesting from now on cause everything that was done to the left has to be repeated on the right.
    [​IMG]
    The only real novelty is the left tail light that are (38?) Hudson, first I modified them to be able to mount them in the tight confines of the rear
    [​IMG]
    The new tail light pocket with a portion of the tail pan extention
    [​IMG]
    And a view of how everything fits together
    [​IMG]