Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '34 Ford Truck, Hay Hauler to Hot Rod(Done!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3dnsouth, Dec 15, 2013.

1. 4444Design

4444Design

that's one cool ride!

highest respect for your fabbing skills - can't wait to see the next updates

2. Still gettin' 'er leveled out. Prime, sand, ....prime sand. Lookin' good though, so it's encouraging.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yup, I was there damn it! No finger prints and all. But, gotta give a shout out to the boys in the shop. I wouldn't have gotten through it without 'em. It's a pain it the ass, but worth the time.
    [​IMG]

3. Great progress!
    This is going to come together quite nicely.

4. Some bed and other stuff too. Man, the number of pieces seem to grow when you start gettin' 'em ready for the good stuff.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. 3dnsouth: great fab work, you have a good eye. You should be proud..
    Super Build, great post... Thanks for sharing..

6. Hell, let's get on to some color!! I went with House of Kolor Solar Gold and a Wimbledon white. Also, going with red wheels and engine. Running full Moon disc on the wheels so you don't see much of the red of wheels, just kind of a red pinstripe around the outside. We did the chassis stuff first, then the cab and bed in another marathon session.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If I had it to do over again, I probably would not have gone with a metallic. It was a pain, but Chad hung with it and knocked it outta the park.

kiwijeff likes this.
  7. Here are some wheel pictures, so you get the idea. A LOT of people were like, 'WHAT, red wheels on gold truck?!?...git out'. Well that's what I wanted damn it. Kind of the late 50's style, maybe early 60's. I thought they looked good, damn the nay sayers right?:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A lot of trouble, but worth it, was two-toning the front axle. Turned out great.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The pictures don't do the Solar Gold justice. There is a ton of metallic in there, looks great. Every time I take a picture, it looks like a different color. Point n' shoot camera, guess that's whatcha get. :D

D-Russ and kiwijeff like this.
  8. Got the chassis back to my shop and did more assembly. Love it when a plan comes together. I'm tellin' ya, the gold looks better than the pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Comin' along. It kind of nerve racking being careful around the new paint. Can't be just flingin' stuff on and off or droppin' tools now.

D-Russ likes this.
  9. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

Holy Shit this is bad ass! Great color choices on the frame.

10. Puttin' a little more of the final stuff on. It's good to see it comin' together.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I used a Brookeville grill and shell. OTB helped me out with some new rings for some original old Guides I had. Feelin' lucky to get this far. It's enjoyable workin' on it.

D-Russ likes this.
  11. Wow, you are making a super job, That pic of the frame with the wheels on looks great reminds me of my 35 Ford project. Sure Wish I could start rebuilding another old Ford . I look forward to your final pics.......Cheer`s Bri

12. I have to leave off with a couple more chassis shots, gotta get off this computer and get something done. Thanks a ton for the kind comments fellas. I'm glad y'all approve, it means a lot. Man, you work by yourself in the shop day after day, ya just hope ya don't loose sight. It's been time consuming, but enjoyable at the same time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stay tuned. We'll get the cab and bed mated up to this thing!!!

D-Russ likes this.
  13. ChefMike

ChefMike

its coming out very nice great metal work !

14. Awesome rake to that chassis!

Steve

15. Squablow

Squablow

The chassis detailing is beautiful! Gives me some ideas as to how I want to paint mine. Very nice work all around.

16. ilinrods41

ilinrods41

Cant wait to see the finished product!! The moons are perfect for this truck!!

17. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

This is bad ass! Great job.

18. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

Awesome, waiting anxiously for the painted body!

19. qwick68

qwick68

Awesome colors......

20. fatboys69

fatboys69
    from Tennessee

I think the Gold with red is spot on AWESOME !!!

21. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Now that looks delicious.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

22. Good god! That is some great work! Nice job!!

23. brady1929

brady1929

Damn nice truck

24. love this.... very nice clean work... great colors... looking for ward to more.....

25. great work, love the colors and stance

26. shadams

shadams

I swear, I think I just got my first truck boner....I like trucks, but this one is beyond cool.....

27. bustedwrench

bustedwrench

Beautiful work. It almost seems a shame to cover such a well built and detailed chassis up with a body. Really impressed with your skills and choice of colors. Can't wait to see it all in one piece.

28. fastmike

fastmike
    from Mesa AZ

Man the colors look killer! The red wheels were definitely the right choice! Looking forward to seeing it all together.

29. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Good call on the colors. Wondermus detail werk too!!!! Can't wait to see the cab on the frame.

30. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks