Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Austin Reliability

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

That does it!!! I'm changing my schedule just as soon as possible. Looks like it was a great time.

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

A nice Motley Crew I'm sure. If everyone would get off their ass in Charlotte (me included) and get their shit running we could be making the most of our weather too! Looks like a hoot Ryan.

Side Note: I cannot wait for the Rodder's Journal to come out so I can read the details on the Baby Blue Deuce. I have been melting away every time I see it.

4. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Yeah blue skies with UFO'S in them. What have you been doing down there to attract those alien's ?

B:DB

5. Looks like a great time!

6. Typical Gorgeous Texas Winter afternoon. That is one thing I love about Texas, especially the Hill Country. There are not many places as surreal and gorgeous as Texas. Thanks for the wonderful pictures.

Will

7. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Looks like it was a good time --- and a great group of cars and guys, ta boot! :cool:

Malcolm

(I'm digging the new front runners on DW's coupe, too!)

8. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Yeah, beautiful scenery in the Hill Country. Ryan, if ya get a minute, tell us who's ride is who's. Some fine looking cars there!

There was a run from Tucson going on too, but I wasn't quite ready for the drive. Spent the day enjoying wrenching!

9. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

next year,...i'll be there :D

10. Labold

Labold

Looks like a blast!
    ...we could all use a little windshield time about now...

11. -Brent-

-Brent-

To me, Austin is becoming Mecca. I've never been but I get fond feelings whenever I hear something that starts with Austin, TX.

12. BLAKE

BLAKE

A killer day... cars, people, weather, scenery... but the best part...?

I had leftover banana puddin' for dinner last night! :D

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I dunno man... I think it's been a mecca for a pretty long time now. When I lived in KC, I looked at Austin as heaven. I've lived here four years now and the novelty has yet to wear off. It's a very special place.

14. -Brent-

-Brent-

Ryan, you're probably right. I think I've been slow to notice. However, recently, I hear things everywhere and I'm certainly noticing. I don't think Linh's (my fiancee) family or mine would like to hear we're both moving to Austin. I've already got a sobbing mother in the Northeast.

I think our next vacation will be down there... when something hot rod related just happens to line up with our schedule.

15. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I thought this Austin thing was a secret:D

16. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Beautiful pictures. Makes the attraction very obvious. Great cars, cool people and laid back country roads. Why are we in L.A. again? ;) You guys will keep seeing more migrations if you keep this up! Thanks, Jim

17. Glen

Glen

Does the 48 Special belong to a Hamb'r? I have never seen that car. Any more pics of it?

They didnt make very many of those.

18. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Its no secret that I will fly down next year for the cruise :D

19. BLAKE

BLAKE

That Buick is one of many amazing cars owned by Mike Young -

[​IMG]

20. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, it goes triple digits on single lane roads. Rules...

21. 54BOMB

54BOMB

That cruise looks like a whole-lotta fun. Maybe next year.
    I saw that Buick in front of the barbershop a while ago , its really nice.

22. borndead327

borndead327

couldnt agree more since i lived in south florida most of my life i always looked at austin as heaven on earth, now i live here all i have to do is stop being a shut in hermit and get the hell out of the house and go out and meet some folks
    get some driving time in the 53 and get it ready for the roundup. sucks that i have to work too damn much
    i see cool rides everyday just goin to work and back something ill never take for granted

23. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

man that looks like fun.

And Austin is a mecca for me too. I'd love to go back.

24. aka - la Ranfla del Chuy - niiiiiice....

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

great time out there guys - love the photos. Theres nothing quite like seeing those cars bombing down those back country Texas roads. Of course - the cattle-catchers didn't like those low customs too much. I think Silva was sweatin bullets in the shoebox.

yeah we got it good here in Austin.

25. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I enjoyed it fellas...let's make this a regular thing! Cars, buds, brew, Bar-b-Que and the Muntz Ranch as the back drop......it doesn't get any more Texan than that.

26. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Ditto Reggie. It was a real cool afternoon. "Family Style" as they say. Never seen so many car seats in customs and hotrods, but it was really great havin all the kids along. Thanks to Will for being such a great host(what a great spot) and Von Beaner coordinating all the food and of course Norm for staying on it and makin it happen. Blake you are right, than banana puddin' ruled.

27. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

These 2 pics are killer. Says it all. Great work Blake

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  28. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

man... I almost cried after seeing this. I want to move back to Austin sooo bad it hurts.
    I only hope we are invited to join you guys next year for such a cool looking and nostalgic feeling run.

29. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Thanks to Will for putting up w/ all of us! It was Texas family style indeed!
    Thanks to Norm for planning such a demanding route for these cars to follow. It's not often ya see cars of this caliber chasing roads better suited for exotic super cars for the 1st 30 miles & then creek bottom roads w/ cattle guards every 1/2 mile or so that are better suited for kids in a 4X4 haha!
    Laura & I had a blast, thanks for having us.

-DW & LAW

30. Dang, I missed it. Yep, time to change my schedule too so that I can enjoy the mecca.