Register now to get rid of these ads!

331 HEMI Hilborn help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by howardt, Aug 11, 2010.

1. howardt

howardt

I recently purchased an old set of Hilborn injectors for a 331 Hemi p/n 331-CH-8 the serial # is 280 and according to Hilborns archives it was sold on Feb26,1959 to Kamms Service. I was hoping that maybe some one may have heard of this shop and could give me any info on it. The archive also states in parentheses on top (adapted to Plymouth) and under that it says 318 cubic in Chrysler then on the bottom it states ( special drive for Plymouth 3 7/8" long) any help or info would be great. thanks Travis

2. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Did Hilborn know the location of Kamm's? That might help.

That sounds like a great find, but your title may be misleading. :) Sounds like they modified that injector to run on a 318 Plymouth, which considering it's 1959 sale date would most likely have been from a '57-58 Fury (the 350 B-block was optional for '58, while the 318 'poly' was standard).

I've been looking for an early Chrysler Hilborn for a while!

3. tomcurnow

tomcurnow
    from Los Angles

I have a 331 / 354 set up will fit 392 with longer distributor shaft, with rare Hilborn under the distributor drive, the set up includes the early cross over injectors ,pump drive, pump , barrel valve, crossover linkage and best of all a Ronco/ Vertex mag. The injector is in gr8 shape , clean and smooth operation. I do not have stacks, but Hilbrn does I planned on building a more radical 392 for my bird ,see my profile photo, but changed my mind. These are really rare and therefore not cheap, $2750.00 if I don't sell now may buy a 60's flat bottom that has a 392 in it and make a cool nostalgia river racer. [email protected]

4. deto

deto

dr frankenstein strikes again...

73RR likes this.