Register now to get rid of these ads!

331 Hemi Cam?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TERPU, Jun 8, 2011.

1. TERPU

TERPU

I have tried Isky, Clay Smith, and the regulars. I want a .500 lift at the valve solid lifter camshaft. Does anybody have a good lead on a company who sells these? I'm kinda getting lost in the shuffle with the afformentioned guys. Most are trying to sell me a hydraulic, Just won't do for me.

Thank you,

Tim

2. slammed

slammed

Hot Heads sell Isky soild at .505 lift. I GOGGLED that item (solid cam/331 Hemi)

3. Vandy

Vandy
    from L.A. Ca

Any real cam shop with a cam grinder will grind any cam you want. Are you telling us that Isky refused to grind you a cam ? Clay Smith also ?
    If you don't have a clue what grind you want, then I can understand why they would just say no.
    If you are a motor builder and know what you want, they will grind you a cam. Remember there are no shelf cams for the Hemi any more.

If you are building a 51-54 no one makes those, you must have your core reground or upgrade to the 55 & up style

4. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

Try Donnie Johansen at Contreeras Cams.
    He's here on the HAMB too.

Mart3406
    ---------------
    Donnie Johansen
    Contreras Camshafts
    Shop phone...909-597-5950
    Chino, California.

========================

5. TERPU

TERPU

Thanks for the advice and the point in the right direction. I'll try again tomorrow. Donnie will be a nice change to actually talk to a Grinder. Somebody who uses what they make. While I am not a pro engine builder I have screwed together and keep together plenty of high horsepower tight winding powerplants. I'm pretty sure I know what I want, maybe I just got the "new" help. I need .33 lift at the lobe to give me .50 lift at a 1.5 ratio rocker on solids. I don't want hydraulics I wanna hear 'em work.

Tim

6. George

George

Usual thing is to order a 354 cam so you can run the LA timing set(with spacer).