Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 33 chevy 3w....time for a cool change

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by tb33anda3rd, Feb 11, 2014.

1. I like that red on the bumper!:cool: Oh it is a reflection:rolleyes:

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

This guys refusal to respect his father's creative vision knows no bounds! Somebody check the tail lights to see if he blacked them out too

ct1932ford likes this.
  3. dad and i picked up the car at the upholsterers and i have not seen it since. thanks for posting the photo Bob.

oldcars.acadia and kidcampbell71 like this.
  4. Nail's means "NAILED IT!" slang for the left coast............ Very Well Done!
    Been a follower,and an excellent example of a rebuild thread..... More than that, but still a shining example of resurrection/restore/capture the past........
    All in all= EXCELLENT!

volvobrynk and tb33anda3rd like this.
  5. I bet Dad is painting the rims red!:cool:

Dick Stevens and Runnin shine like this.
  6. car has almost 400 miles now. dad mounted the fire extinguisher to the floor like he had it. DSCF4407.JPG

7. white running board covers are on; DSCF4412.JPG DSCF4408.JPG DSCF4406.JPG DSCF4416.JPG DSCF4415.JPG

Stogy, falcongeorge, Paul B and 3 others like this.
  8. a shot with a little gold showing; DSCF4413.JPG

Stogy, falcongeorge, Paul B and 2 others like this.
  9. Back in the day even before I got my license ,the first real hot rod that I ever rode in belonged to a older friend of mine. It was a 40 Ford with a rolled and pleated black and white gut and white running boards and it left such a lasting impression on me that to this day when I see a car with that combo those memories come flooding back like it was just yesterday. Looks great...Everything is just right!

10. Road Runner

Road Runner

I guess they were out of red ones. :D

Stogy, ct1932ford, volvobrynk and 3 others like this.
  11. Thank goodness!!!:confused:

Stogy and tb33anda3rd like this.
  12. Great job, you should be proud! 400 miles, no wonder you have posted much lately. They are made to be driven :)
    Enjoy,
    Tom

Stogy and volvobrynk like this.
  13. YJ4000

YJ4000

That's great. I really like the interior. Have fun!!

Ryan.

Stogy likes this.
  14. :)

x2

dad and mom put a bunch of miles on it and took it to a local cruise.

thanks!

Stogy likes this.
  15. pumpman

pumpman

Boom! And another cool car back on the streets. You lucked out being able to share this adventure with your Dad, luckily he gave it back to you. Warm and fuzzy feelings.

16. I checked out the interior, headliner and running board covers yesterday in person and it looks great. Best headliner job I have seen in a while.:cool:

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  17. yep it was good to see them enjoy it.

thanks, i am really happy with it.

18. Dave Lewis stopped by on his way to Loudon New Hampshire to prep a race engine. i took him for a ride in the car. this is the first time he was able to hear this motor, that he built/designed. he was happy with the way i have it tuned and after a few "runs" he confirmed "that is how a s.b.c. motor should accelerate!" DSCF4427.JPG

Stogy, TFoch, Dick Stevens and 2 others like this.
  19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I have a screensaver set up on my computer it flips pics once a minute. Theres around 75 pics Its 95% scans of hot rods featured in '50s/'60s hot rod magazines, theres maybe 5% "new cars". Your coupe is in my screensaver. That says a lot.
    HOT rods forever.

20. thanks, i am honored!

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Well its a very "period-correct" car. I don't know if you remember me mentioning I had 3 short bar lancers for my coupester, and was looking for a forth? I just bought a full set off ebay for right around $80:). I haven't got my hands on them yet, but three of the 4 look to be REALLY excellent, and the forth has a couple minor dings, the flippers are painted, but dont look to be pitted any worse than my others. Re-plating the flippers just comes with the territory with these as far as I'm concerned.
    Weird thing is, there was only one other guy bidding, and no watchers. Theres a single I added to my watch list, but its a POS, looks like someone was using for bb gun target practice. Its got a bunch of "watchers". I think guys were put off by the painted flippers...:rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    tb33anda3rd likes this.
  22. i remember, and that is a great deal for those caps. the ones i have have some pitting on the spinners. not enough that it bothers me and you have to be right on top of them to see them. i have a friend that found a cap with no spinner, he says it is perfect. i will take the spinner off the extra cap i have that looks like the surface of the moon. then i will have a spare for my spare.:)

23. They look really good when the edge of the rim is painted red!:cool::p

Stogy likes this.
  24. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Love Button... PUSH!

25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Your closer to him, and he's your relative, can you drive over there and smack him?:p

26. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Ryan, we could sure use a "dislike" button! :rolleyes::p

Stogy likes this.
  27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Im razzing you a bit, I'm not totally adverse to red-rims behind lancer caps...

Stogy likes this.