Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 33 chevy 3w....time for a cool change

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by tb33anda3rd, Feb 11, 2014.

1. thanks

then i guessed i stored it in the right room?:D
    it is an interesting color, it has enough "show" in daytime light, and "class" in evening light.:cool:

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. pumpman

pumpman

Geeez, you're getting real close. Great progress, great work and attention to detail. Keep it goin!

3. FolksWaggin

FolksWaggin

You're getting so close, Ted! Keep up the good work!

(Some pics of the car as of this morning)
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1433775424.757767.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1433775449.590061.jpg

kiwijeff, volvobrynk and tb33anda3rd like this.
  4. logride

logride
    from CB IA

Cool old Chevy!

5. Gotta' love the C-clamp collection hangin' from the rafters ... never enough of those.

loudbang and volvobrynk like this.
  6. thanks, i see all the parts and i want to work on everything at once, the motor needs to be primed, fly wheel, clutch etc need to go together. the glass in the doors. everything is there......i just need more time.......

thanks!

7. yes, there have been times when i have run out, or at least clamps that will fit the project, when i see them cheap at swops and tag sales i buy them.
    if you look to the right of the door there are some angle iron strips screwed to the wall with vice grips clamped to them.

volvobrynk and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. Wow, the color is amazing.
    Things are moving along fast now.
    Yourll be out doing skids in no time. :D:cool:

9. thanks Jeff! i love the color.
    looking forward to doing skids, i think. are skids burnouts?

10. put the fuel tank in with a little help from folkswaggin DSCF4048.JPG

FolksWaggin, volvobrynk and kiwijeff like this.
  11. Sure are, someone called burnouts that once, and I've used the term ever since. :D

12. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Your Dad and uncle had good paint taste as do you, classy cool.
    My dad would yell at me and my brother to quit doing "Angel Stops" on our bicycles, we'd look at each other like he was crazy, they were "Power Slides" to our generation.

kiwijeff and volvobrynk like this.
  13. my dad and uncle painted everything they owned that color, '37 chevy pickup, '49 chevy convertible, the coupe.......al with red and white interiors.

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. i reinstalled the antenna, it is not in the best shape and i thought about welding up the holes but i just liked it. kinda belongs
    i also put the kick panels and trim on. when i made these my plan was that they should not have to be removed if i ever have to pull the floor boards up to work on anything. DSCF4047.JPG DSCF4049.JPG

15. pumpman

pumpman

Even though you have all that shiny that antenna looks right at home and shows it's heritage, love it man. Is that the coil under the dash?

16. that is not the coil, it is an msd box. one of the few "modern" pieces on the car. my plan is to run the mallory dual point distributor i took out back in the 80's when i put the msd [actually a gm part numbered distributor]. i swopped it because i went through a bunch of condensers and never thought the mallory crap was any good.

17. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

Cool car.
    What kind of brake master is that? I have the same one in my olds and have been trying to positively identify it....

18. thanks, '67 chevelle disc/disc
    edit; i'm dumb/dumb and i meant to say drum/ drum

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  19. Why disc master cyl. with drum brakes? Disc Master Cyl is much larger. Plus pressure difference.

20. sorry drum/drum.......it was a long morning.

21. Thought that looked like the drum master cylinder!

22. where have you been?

23. put the ferrels for the out side door handles on. DSCF4050.JPG

kiwijeff and volvobrynk like this.
  24. put the new rear glass, channel and cleaned, and greased, regulator in; DSCF4053.JPG

bigheadbaxter and volvobrynk like this.
  25. gas & guns

gas & guns

:cool::DThat's gonna be one green sex machine right there.
    Make sure you practice safe skids.

kiwijeff and tb33anda3rd like this.
  26. pumpman

pumpman

When we talk about skids it's referring to our underwear. Can't wait to see the fenders on that little beauty. Keep pushing and the skids will come.

kiwijeff and greaser like this.
  27. when you say pushing are you referring to the underwear problem or the work ethic?:D
    i really don't like the look of the car without fenders so i can't wait either.

28. froghawk

froghawk

That paint is beautiful! Really exciting to see it all coming back together!
    One Q... If you're not doing red wheels, are you still using the Lancers?

volvobrynk likes this.
  29. pumpman

pumpman

Really glad you're keeping the fenders, as for pushing what ever works best for you! lol

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  30. thanks, yes i hunted all over for those hub caps and i think they make the car. best style hub cap ever!