Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 33 chevy 3w....time for a cool change

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by tb33anda3rd, Feb 11, 2014.

1. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Maybe you should check you bent tension? It looks way loose.

Like the work you done so fare!

I would dress them holes, maybe weld a washer on the back side, but not close them, they are apart of the history!

2. thanks.
    the holes don't bother me i think i will leave them.

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

They have to stay, otherwise that bit of history is lost. Real race cars have full hoods, you know that. Bob

tb33anda3rd and volvobrynk like this.
  4. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

The idear with putting the wash in behind is not to make the disappear, it's to make them stonger, incase you find you self in a situation where you need to reinstall the screw, then you don't have to worries about bending or cracked paint!

The are the kind of things I dig on a old restored survivor!
    That proves it's not a fresh build.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  5. Not liking the old headliner on the deck lid!:confused:
    Take it out and maybe frame it with a picture of the coupe painted on it. :cool:
    Not that I need another project.:rolleyes:
    So you did all that work while I took snow and ice off my roof.:mad:

6. yes i am on the fence with the lid. i may just cut a piece of the abs and veneer it to the plywood. in the big picture it is not that important.

7. morning choirs kept me from starting till after lunch. DSCF3795.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  8. took the front sheet metal off. original plan was to leave the front fenders on, but i decided to take them off. only broke 1 bolt DSCF3796.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  9. cool shots from the hay mow; DSCF3797.JPG DSCF3798.JPG

volvobrynk and TFoch like this.
  10. Holy crap, you've been busy!

11. my goal is to have the motor/tranny out. and all the parts packed away or staged for body work by end of the day tomorrow...... DSCF3799.JPG DSCF3801.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Is the body going to stay on the chassis? I know it has never been off, if you need help lifting give me a call. Bob

13. DSCF3800.JPG
    no i am not taking it off. i changed all the body mounts and was able to clean the frame pretty well when i had the floor out. thanks for the offer.
    plan is to sand off all the paint and prime and paint the caddy green.

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Man you're going for it, good for you. Is that a rear mounting ear on the generator for a slide bracket? If so might not be a bad idea to use it. I don't know how many of those header brackets I broke running generators.

15. i never thought about using the rear bracket. i need to find a front bracket also the one i used for the alternator won't work, and i went through the pile of slide brackets i have and they are all wrong. i do remember seeing the rear bracket. i will probably have to wait till i put the two fours on with the linkage to make sure i have room,

16. FolksWaggin

FolksWaggin

Lookin' good. I really need to get heat in my shop so I'm not sitting around all winter.

Hey, what adhesive do you use to glue the carpet to the storage space and battery box?

17. pumpman

pumpman

Wow, I really dig those headers. Just amazed at what you have accomplished so far. Great job man!

18. Hay:rolleyes: aren't the front springs going in the wrong direction?:confused: Oh I forgot it's a Chevy! :eek: Your morning balls broken:p Looking Good!:cool:

19. YJ4000

YJ4000

I really like the overhead picture of the front end all apart. You're moving right along.

Ryan.

volvobrynk likes this.
  20. i used 3m super 77 but ran out so i used some off brand that worked just as good.

21. my uncle Joe made them when he and my Dad built the car. it is just form following function:rolleyes:......:cool:
    can headers be sexy? DSCF3809.JPG DSCF3810.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  22. cars should have four springs.....two are only half good.

volvobrynk and oldcars.acadia like this.
  23. DSCF3803.JPG DSCF3805.JPG DSCF3807.JPG DSCF3806.JPG DSCF3808.JPG
    i couldn't resist taking those photos......
    more moving along.engine out, fuel tank out, firewall stripped, engine stripped, parts cleaned and inventoried and stowed away. i fixed the broken bolt in the fender, and removed the inner skirts on the fenders.

volvobrynk likes this.
  24. The37Kid

The37Kid

If this is some type of Rorschach Test, was Uncle Joe wearing sunglasses when he constructed the two ice skaters? Bob [​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  25. does have a skaters grace.
    when i took the starter out and lade it on the bench i thought of uncle joe. this was the last piece of the car he worked on. the starter stopped working and he told me to bring it down to the garage, he put it on his bench and went over to a pile of starters/generators he had on the floor. the pile was a six feet wide and piled up against the wall knee high. he dug through found a few pieces and put this starter together for me.......1983 DSCF3802.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  27. pumpman

pumpman

In my humble opinion YES!!! Love the thinking and the quality craftsmanship. Thanks for the close up.

volvobrynk likes this.
  28. RIP Midnight Joe! Joe could fix anything, especially anything Chevy. He was the Best.:cool:
    Midnight Joes 003.JPG

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    volvobrynk and The37Kid like this.
  29. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

You know you are taking an unusual approach here. Most guys yank the drive train first, go through all that and the chassis and then do the interior and trim. Not that it makes any difference, just curious if you planned it that way.

30. The37Kid

The37Kid

When you guys get some free time please share some "Uncle Joe" stories. I only heard a few first hand, buying the winner in a demo durby because the car he drove there died is a Classic. Bob

volvobrynk likes this.