Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 vicky and 32 tudor sedan doors any difference?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustomd, Feb 13, 2007.

1. kustomd

kustomd

Are there any difference between vicky doors and two door sedan doors in 32?

I'm just curious I may have found a set of doors but the guy thinks they are vicky doors.

2. I believe they are different.

3. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Vicky door are about 1 1/2 inches shorter from window opening to top of door,sedan door can be made to work on vicky

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

1932 Ford VICKY doors?:rolleyes: Do you need them, or need to flip them? I've got so so doors with my Vicky and a Tudor parts door, I'll put a tape on them and post the differances. I get first refusal, right?:)

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

The differance is in the window opening, if the garnish moulding is removed and you measure top to bottom from the inside the Vicky is 12 7/8 front 13 1/4 center and 13 at the rear. The Tudor will be 13 5/8 14 3/8 and 14 5/8. The real easy at a glance differance is the outside top, thin on a Tudor the width of a penny, thick on the Vicky, check out the photos. How are the garnish mouldings? Where is the rest of the body?:eek:

Attached Files:

6. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

32 vicky doors are vicki ONLY and worth more than Tudor doors.

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

They're useless to Tudor guys, they screw up the window hight. How many Vickies need doors?:rolleyes:

8. kustomd

kustomd

What the deal is I traded for a 32 tudor but I didn't get the doors. well I called the guy who used to own the car originally so I could find the doors and he told me that he sold them to a car builder and they aren't for sale. the car builder thinks my car was a vicky and thats why he won't sell them I just wanted to burst his bubble so maybe he will come off of them so I can build my 2dr sedan.

but I didn't want to look like an idiot when I told him they weren't vicky doors so I can show him the difference.

And he may still not come off of the doors but I figure its worth a try.

My last resort is I noticed that 30-31 model A doors have a similar body line like the 32's so I think I can cut 4 good 2dr A doors that i already have and make one set of 32 doors out of them. They won't be exactly the same but I can make them damn close.

Unless I can find someone on here who would come off of some 2dr sedan 32 doors even really rotten ones I can make work. I can build what ever I need to fix a rotten set.

9. I think Duce Tudors are a catch-22...
    Highest production bodystyle = more available:)
    Highest production bodystyle = less chance of re-production of sedan-specific parts.:(
    1932 ford = stupid $$$$:mad:
    WTF was I thinking:rolleyes:
    btw....anyone got any door garnish mouldings?

10. Corn Fed

Corn Fed