Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

32 Ford roadster, genny Henry steel, 62 Cad engine. $25350

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by bockius, Aug 24, 2015.

1. bockius

bockius

City: Eindhoven, The Netherlands

State: International (Australia, Canada, etc...)
    Price: 27600
    Bought this 4 years ago, off Kerry Tate (Originals) in UK. He imported it from Texas.
    IMAG3634.jpg IMAG3636.jpg IMAG3639.jpg IMAG3642.jpg Body was converted from a 32 5W to roadster in 1951, in Ft Worth Texas. Car was featured in HotRod magazine, in september 1952. I am in contact with the son of the original builder, who identified it through the welded shut dash where his dad had an ashtray. Conversion was nicely done, using a formed tube to recreate the roll on the back of the cab. But, after all those years the body is a 10-footer, I brushpainted it in lightblue. IMO this suits the overall car. I'd like to see the soul of it through its' battle scars. No rot, only edge of the panel below trunk lid is rough.

Body has it's coupe dash, with temp, fuel, and oil pressure guauges, they all work. Separate Moon tach. Interior is the good ol' Mexican Blanket, and foam and springs underneath. Morris banjo steering wheel, matching light knobs, working cowl vent. Brookville grille shell & insert.
    34 commercial headlights, repops with halogen conversion; bullet style front blinkers. Rear lights are 49 Lincoln.
    Scratchbuilt windscreen, in stainless and with centre post. laminated glass, not perspex. Steel original firewall. Glass trunk lid. I threw in some black carpet stuff, I wouldn't dare to call it upholstery though...
    F100 steering box, all rod ends are new.
    Chassis: ASC reprorails, tubular centre crossmember, Model A front and rear. New rear spring. P&J shockies. Single M/C.
    F1 rear end, new prop shaft. F1 drum brakes all around. 1:3.92 ratio, coupled to that transmission gives Big Grins around town, and Comfort on the Motorway (60mph = 2200rpm)

Engine:
    1962 Cadillac 390. Bored 60thou, new pistons n rings, ground crank, new bearings, new oil pump, new gaskets throughout, stainless nut&bolt kit.
    Steve Long Racing Cams new camshaft, not a regrind, but custom made from a NOS blank. Mucho torque, and a lopey idle. New lifters.
    Reconditioned waterpump, chromed pulleys and valve covers. Finned aluminum valley cover. Offenhauser twin 2bbl intake, with 2x NOS Carters on top, finished off with repop Edmunds air cleaners. Correct linkage for these carbs, and transmission's TV cable.
    Joe Hunt (HEI) magneto, new cables and plugs.
    New aluminium radiator, twin electric fans in front of it.
    Transmission:
    overhauled TH200-4R overdrive with relay kit, scratchbuilt longneck shifter. Wilcap adapter plate, new Mopar HiTorque ministarter. This is a dream to drive, have your cake and eat it too.
    New Rebel wiring kit.

On the road now for a couple of months, ironing the bugs out, and driving the shit out of it !

Dutch valid registration in my name.
    You can request more pics through PM, mail (eeplanting "at" gmail.com) , or better still Whatsapp: +31-52364465
    Beware, this car is on the other side of The Pond, but I am willing to assist in inspection, shipping. My clubmates (Trashers and Jesters) imported a lot of cars from the US to Europe (among them the CoupeTheCab, through mr Gambino), so wouldn't it be damn time that we gonna return some to The Motherland ?!

New lowered price !!
    $25350

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  2. bockius

bockius

3. bockius

bockius

Bump-o-matic

4. bockius

bockius

Flex-o-bumpo

5. bockius

bockius

Don't feel bothered enough to adjust the price on here, but on my Facebook (erwin Planting), i lowered the price to €18500 (euros that is, you guys work it out...)

6. bockius

bockius

7. bockius

bockius