Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 Ford 3 window FIND

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 383deuce, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I will be up there this coming weekend for Easter and will try stopping to visit him. His name is Ron Stephan - actually, I'll send you a PM with his phone number, too.

2. Now I am impressed since Ryan responded to this and likes the 3 window find.....That should pump me up a little more if it is possible....
    Started the frame build this week after looking through a couple hundred photos of how the bones boys build theirs and I can tell you right now I have one hell of a lot of respect for the cars they build because there is not one section of the deuce frame they do not touch in some way.
    Sure hope I did not bite off more than I can chew...
    THANKS RYAN

3. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

If you get fed up with the whole thing, just bring it when you come down next week. I will start cleaning a spot for it tonight.

4. salazarich

salazarich

i need an og 3win 1932 model 18.

5. ChopTopJimmy

ChopTopJimmy

Great find. Congrats. Keep us posted on the build progress. CTJ

6. Just received a phone call from a Mike Voog that lives in Ky. now but did live in Wayne Nebraska. He bought the 3 window from a guy in South SueCity back in what he thinks was 1978. Gave 200.00 for it. It had no motor or transmission in it at that time. It did come with a title he said. He took the orignal frame out from under it and bought a roadster body and installed on the 3 window frame and used the title for the roadster.
    Told me somewhere he has a couple photos of the 3 window when he bought it that he had taken back in 78 and he is going to see if he can find them. If he can he says he will send them to me....HOW GREAT would that be.
    Said he sold the body to a kid from Plainview, Ne. and loss track of it after that. But if I recall correctly Ron (the guy I got it from) told me that is where he bought it from 30 years ago.
    Mike Voog told me him and Randy Milligan also from Wayne, Ne. cut the channeled floor out and droped it back down and tack welded to the subrails just before selling it. This is all fitting as the floor was just tacked in place when I got it. He also recalled the center oval of the dash being cut out and it is and was chopped hard like 4 or 5 inches. (4.5 to be right is the chop on it)
    Mike also told me he offen wondered what ever became of it and always wanted to try and chase it down, but never did.
    So the hunt is alive for more history on this old 3 window, and I will keep posting any information I receive on it.
    THANKS HAMMERS for all the help.
    383deuce

NVRRDUNN and 067chevy like this.
  7. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

so first you find a rare bird of a 3 window... then you actually get the history on it.... THE LUCK! :) congrats. keep the pics coming. We never get tired of looking at a 32 3 window

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

It is always great to find out the history on a car, or locate one you have been searching for for years. Reminds me to bump a search thread I have here on the HAMB. Look forward to your build 383deuce. Bob

9. alchemy

alchemy

My Dad is from Sioux City, Iowa, and I remember a side trip when we went back for a visit many years ago (probably in the 70's). We went to see a guy he knew from the old days that had a hard chopped and channelled '32 5-window. But he never could talk that guy out of his coupe.

I'll ask Dad if he remembers any hard chopped and channelled 3-windows from the area.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. wicarnut

wicarnut

Congrats! Now you have the history to go with, Very Kool, another piece of history on the HAMB. being brought back to life again. Love these finds, I read on here, very interesting and looking forward to see the finished car. John

11. BurnoutNova

BurnoutNova
    from USA

They are still out there... Amazing that one is still solid being from NE

12. That is going to make one cool ride, congrats dude!

13. Alchemy,
    Boy I do hope you will ask your dad about this 3 window for me and get back to me if you find out anything. Like I said before there can't have been that many 3 windows around with the chop it has.
    Thanks, 383deuce

14. alchemy

alchemy

Dad doesn't remember any '32 3-windows from his younger years. He recalled a '34 3-window they used to go watch the owners work on at a small corner garage. He tried to find that car's owner years later and couldn't locate him.

Good luck in your search for info.

15. Thanks for asking anyway..The search goes on...

golferforpar likes this.
  16. verde742

verde742

go to WESCOTT'S for the hinges you desire. ask Karl...

17. Brought the frame home today and photos will follow if I can get BigDeuce to post them for me as I am still fighting the problem of posting photos.
    Still have some things to do to the frame, but needed to do some mock up before welding the rear crossmember in solid and come up with bones anchor points.

067chevy likes this.
  18. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Here ya go Dennis... looks GOOD!

Attached Files:

19. Looks like a great start, your're not wasting any time.

20. rollingbones 1

rollingbones 1
    from UPSTATE NY

Looks good Mayor.
    Cant wait to see it in August!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keith.

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice to see another "Bones" style front end, look forward to following the build. Bob

22. Keith,
    Hell I can't wait til Aug. gets here to go to bonneville

067chevy likes this.
  23. rollingbones 1

rollingbones 1
    from UPSTATE NY

Well that too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Not sure how to get this build back up on the new HAMB but I sure would like to.

25. WOW!
    I did it........So now the search goes on for any and all the history I can find out about this old hot rod.......

26. rat deuce

rat deuce

Good luck on the history! I found mine the original builder of mine from the 50's quickly but would have rather found more parts to the car! (see picture to the left)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  27. Turbo Killer

Turbo Killer
    from Cincinnati

Congrats! What a awesome find.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Lookin REAL good Dennis! I acquired a 1950's "Marquette" battery charger in a trade the other day... made me think of you.

29. Andy! Good to hear from you..Just wanted to give ya some CONGRATS on getting your photo with the roadster in the new Rodders Journal issue....Looks great & I like the hat & glasses.