Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 Ford 3 window FIND

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 383deuce, Mar 29, 2014.

1. I thought you wanted a 28-29. Don't matter as long as it's the real deal. Is it going to be 32 framed and grill? Flathead and the hole works.

2. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Yes and yes
    Can't believe I beat @big duece to this response.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. You are right on all the above. I have the 32 frame & heavy front axel, grill shell & rear end. Just seen a very nice roadster body on here for 6800.00 but it is north of Buffalo in Can. DAM! every time I find something it is far, far away.

4. Dennis I have been seeing cars here full rollers for cheaper than that. I will start sending you info on the cars I see.

5. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Here's a few one in mid west. One in Texas, one in so-cal the one in Cali looks hacked or was a coupe.

Runnin shine likes this.
  6. I will send all the rest privately. So the hawks don't swoop in...

7. DAM! Why are they so much more reasonable out there?

8. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

9. Bruce, Is the first one in Minn. or Cal?

10. Mid west Dennis out by you. I think minn. You can look it up on craigslist.

11. Found it at last thanks to Cornhusker Gary. It was under auto parts

12. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

13. Sorry Dennis I should of said it was under the parts section. Iv been under the weather again for some time now. They still don't know what's up. I will pm all the details on others I find. I hope you find a good one for a good price.

loudbang likes this.
  14. Dam Bruce...I sure hope you get to the bottom of this problem. I thought you had it fixed, but I guess not. Is it the same problems you were having when I was there?

15. Yep I got the dr.s scratching thier heads. It wasn't what they thought it was I go see cardio dr next month. Maybe have a bad valve or a hole in my engine/heart.:( I worked on the roadster for about 2 hours over the weekend and was down for the count. But all i can do is keep on keepin on. Okie joe is killing me slowly. Still no call and he said it would be do e last week. Now he's okie slow joe.:D

loudbang likes this.
  16. DAM! That really sucks with you having engine problems with the ticker. I sure hope you can get to the bottom of this. I have a friend that went through 40+ years before they told him he had a hole in his heart and had to have it repaired. Good part is he is like new now. I know you will keep on keeping on, but don't over do it.
    Don't understand what Okie Joe's problem is with your axel though. I know a lot of guys that have had him do work with no problems. Have you given him a call on the phone? If not I sure would....

17. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Get a body yet? Hope so then you can start a thread for it so we don't keep going off topic here. And hope it looks like this
    [​IMG]
    Thanks jimmy.

Pufff and loudbang like this.
  18. If it looks like that Dennis you will get an invite to the outlaw races some where in the Wild West around nov.

19. I got a helmet like that guy.:)

20. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Me too, it fits my head, but sits kinda high and the strap on the last hole is really tight. Time to modify which sucks cause it's period

loudbang likes this.
  21. cowboyinachair

cowboyinachair
    from colorado

try cutting your hair first

loudbang and Runnin shine like this.
  22. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I have less than Dennis. And though I have a full head of hair still I'm starting to get sun burn up there when I mow the lawn.
    So I shouldn't build a roadster.

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  23. cowboyinachair

cowboyinachair
    from colorado

i'm a cue ball myself

Stogy likes this.
  25. Great shot of the 3 window taken in Austin Texas by Tom Davison. lone star round up.jpg

Stogy, 509garyd, big duece and 2 others like this.
  26. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

That's a great photo Dennis. Very cool to see Swanders rusty crusty roadster in the background.

383deuce likes this.
  27. Thanks Zane for liking the 3 window build.

28. Well I am back on the build page. When I put this car together I bought new rear drums from speedway & new shoes from Napa. After almost 15K miles on the car the rear brakes are completely toast, and the drums are shot.
    I ordered a set of Lincoln backing plates & drums from Cornhusker yesterday so everything will get changed out. Seems the Napa shoes are not matched to the speedway drums. I had them re-arched to fit the drums & they fit just fine. But the metal in the shoes destroyed the drums. I adjusted the rears about every 2000 miles. So I have no idea what went wrong. But I will not ever buy the dam china made drums a second time.

29. Got the Lincoln drums & backing plates with all the parts via UPS yesterday. Got them primed and painted. So now off to put the backing plates together.
    Sure wish it would stop raining here and warm up....

big duece likes this.
  30. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

You snag that body from mike?