Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 Ford 3 window FIND

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 383deuce, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Yes. Up until all too recently I would have plagiarized one of Emeritus greats. But for now I want to leave that alone and let things around here heal up as best they can.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Well guys you will have to wait until bigduce returns from Colorado & post up photos for me. He should be home soon. You know me too dam old & stupid to do it myself.....

3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I've been seeing photos of your ride pop up on Instagram in all your adventures. This has been one hell of a season for you!

4. Thanks Tim and it has been a summer that I will relate back to for many a year to come. The coupe has over 12K miles on it since the start of summer.....

Tim likes this.
  5. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

This pic was on one of the Larry threads. But it looks an awe full a lot like your car
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

383deuce likes this.
  6. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Here are a few from the Hill Climb... 20160917_074800.jpg 20160917_075218.jpg 20160917_075625.jpg 20160917_104904.jpg 20160917_105839.jpg

Stogy, Pufff, kidcampbell71 and 3 others like this.
  7. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

A few more.... 20160917_110905.jpg 20160917_111246.jpg 20160917_113010.jpg 20160917_114254.jpg

Stogy, Pufff, kidcampbell71 and 3 others like this.
  8. THANKS GREG FOR POSTING THESE.....

9. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

10. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Stogy likes this.
  11. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I don't believe that for a minute! You just haven't learned to do it yet.

12. Yup! as of today I have 12351 miles on it since March.

my2nd40, Tim and Flowmeister like this.
  13. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

14. my2nd40

my2nd40
    from Tennessee

Hey Dennis looks like you have really been enjoyin' the three window. It's just so sweet.

15. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

nice user name, my friend used to have this plate on his 40 sedan, gave one to me when he got historical plates since I'm on my 2nd 40 2016-09-25 08.49.02.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  16. Dennis I hope you got your bags packed for trog. It's a few weeks away.

17. Bruce, You bet your last goat I do........Can't wait to see yours and Kevins roadsters in person.
    You guys are the best......

18. WOW!!!!!!!!!
    Just returned from the TROG races and have to say it was what I believe the most fun I have ever had with my shorts on. If you missed it I feel sorry for ya and you need to put it on your bucket list to do if they have them next year.

509garyd likes this.
  19. fonti

fonti

good to hear that it was fun - the weather was not that great... well: hope to see you in June next year on the east coast!! it was a hell of a time last year and I'm sure it's gonna be fun again!!

20. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

21. Well you are Soooo right! I have had one hell of a ride this summer. At 77 years old I am living the dream for sure. I have a lot of people to thank for making all this adventure come to fold. First off my lovely wife Kathy, second all my good friends that helped me get the 3 window on the road and that is a lot of people. So I won't list them all here, but I will send out a big thank you to Gary Mussman from Cornhusker hot rods for all the help and direction with this build & the Rolling Bones for lighting the fire under my butt to build it there way.
    My trip to Bonneville with my son-in-law in the 3 window & the Rolling Bones was a total blast. The road trip with the Bones boys to the LARS along with my wife will never be forgotten as we logged 3332 miles in the 3 window on that trip & Kathy turned into one hell of a road warrior on that trip.
    The road trip to the Hill Climb with good friends from Kansas that I grew up with was outstanding
    paintslinger805 & cylone kevin for all you guys done to make my trip out to TROG west happen as with out you guys it never would have come to be. Meeting Elmer Bruces granddad was one of my highlights of this trip. A big thanks to Bobby Green & Mel for putting on one bad ass event with all the things that were not going there way. But they pulled it off anyway....
    Got to give a big thanks to Travis (Roy Boy) for doing a photo shoot on my 3 window for Hop-Up and it's to be in the next issue. How cool is that????
    Soooooooo you all can see now that it has been one hell of a ride for this old guy that will never grow up.......Until the wheels fall off, I will keep it going.
    THANKS EVERYONE!
    The summer of 2016 will be one that I will always remember as one of the best summers in my life,
    383deuce

22. fonti

fonti

wow Dennis - you deserve it!! so glad you have such a great time with your 3 window...hope to see you somewhere on the road next year!!

23. Hendee

Hendee

Great looking 3w and obviously an awesome summer enjoying it. Not sure if we've met Dennis, but if you've been to the Bones winter shop party/ open house, then we may well have. Really enjoyed going through your build thread. Inspired me to get going on my projects.

24. x77matt

x77matt
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dennis- I'm sitting here on a beach vacation but couldn't help but to ignore the bikinis and ocean, and read this thread end to end. What an awesome journey and beautiful car. You have built the 3w version of what I am trying to do with my 5w so I am reading with much enthusiasm! Great job and it looks like you are having the proper amount of fun with it!

Thanks for the thread!
    Matt

25. Matt, Thanks for taking the time to check it out. It turned out better than I ever thought it would for mostly a home built deuce. I did have lot's of help, but in all the right places and that is very important. Gary Mussman from Cornhusker Hot Rods had a big hand in the frame work and the way it sets now.
    Ken & Keith with all their in-put over my years of running down the road with them in a couple bad deuces.
    I love my hot rod and the way it turned out.....Keep me posted on the 5 window as I would like to see how it turns out.
    By the way don't get sun burned out there watching the girls.
    Dennis

x77matt and loudbang like this.
  26. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

hey dennis
    I just reread your thread again, for like the 10th time. Such a great hotrod. Cant wait to see it in person. Do you go to the Bones garage night? Looked like a great trip with the Ken and Dustin. Great thread! anxious to get mine together

27. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

You are my new hero. Are you sure you are 77?

28. He don't drink like he's 77. He matched me drink for drink when he stayed with me for trog. He can party with the best of them. I can only hope to be in the same shape he is when I'm 77. Matter of fact we partied so hard I haven't even had a drink since he left.:)

slimcat7m3, 509garyd, rpm56 and 2 others like this.
  29. Ha, Ha Bruce I had not see this post until now.....I only party hard when I am with good friends and you fit the part. The Friday night BQ and get together was one of my highlights of the trip.

36couper...thanks
    hotrodderhaag...I have been to garage night, but don't think I can make it this year as I spent all my $$$ running around in the 3 window this summer....

509garyd likes this.
  30. ROADSTER.JPG OK everyone is looking for a photo of my roadster....So I am working on how to post photos on this web. So lets see if this works...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    Dick Stevens, LOU WELLS and 509garyd like this.