Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 Ford 3 window FIND

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 383deuce, Mar 29, 2014.

1. perrytudor32

perrytudor32
    from uk

happy birthday dennis.phil.uk.

2. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Happy Birthday Dennis, 76 (WOW) I hope I'm doing as good as you in 6 years? Proud to have been a small part of your build. Can't wait to see it going under it's own power. I'll stop by next week on my way to Andy's to take some more parts and see the progress on the 5 window if any?

3. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

You say it's your birthday....

4. perrytudor32

perrytudor32
    from uk

5. Thank's to everyone for the Birthday wishes......and krylon32 it might have been a small part to you, but it was very BIG to me and I am the one to be proud that you had a part in this build.

wedjim likes this.
  6. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Happy Birthday Dennis

8. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Happy birthday Denny, hope you had a good time at Greaserama.

9. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Happy birthday. Good seeing you and the car at greaserama.

10. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Happy birthday Dennis,great to see ya Sunday.

11. Thanks to all that wished me a happy birthday. Rob, Bid deuce, T&A & Dick & 2 deuces64. Had a blast at the Platte City show. Lot's of great hot rods and super people. As always the time goes by to fast and you just don't get to spend the time you would like talking to everyone as much as a guy would like.
    It just seems like the summer goes so dam fast any more. Must be the old age thing. I am getting rather long in the tooth and every summer seems to go faster than the last one.
    I have a lot to do on the 3 window this winter to get it ready for some great road trips next summer with my wife in tow. I would like to make the round up in Texas and an event on the west coast ( not sure what one yet) and the ROTG in NJ all in the new ride. Plus anything else we can work into or time slot.
    So next summer will go faster than this one. But it will be one hell of a ride I am sure.

loudbang likes this.
  12. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

Nice lookin coupe Dennis!!

13. Thanks for the PM Dennis, it meant a lot to me. It looks like I'm in time to wish you a Happy Birthday and another great year! The 3W looks like its going to be a killer on the road next year and you are always welcome when you swing through here on your west coast run. Maybe the LARS? Or better yet, if the 3W is ready for a shakedown run, escape the blowing snow in late January and spend some time in the sun out here at the GNRS. I really know what you mean about the time flying by, the last 5 years has just flashed by since I made the move down here.

14. so-dak-kid, Thanks
    vintagehotrods, Thanks for the B-day wishes & checking out the 3 window build. I will try and get your way when I do the west coast trip in it.

15. Received the one part I have been missing for this build since it's start. Thanks to Chickenshifter (HAMB). I now have a pair of Electroline2200 head lights for the 3 window. as soon as I get them painted and mounted I will have some photos. I had had one light & been looking for another for over a year. They are cool and rare as they were on 1931 La france fire trucks and there could not be a lot of them out there is my guess.

DamnNearRanier likes this.
  16. fonti

fonti

nice score, Dennis! look forward to the pics...

17. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Very cool Dennis! And happy belated birthday!

18. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Here are a couple pics of the headlights that he is speaking of... They will have body color on them, so the art deco features will stand out better. IMG_1355.jpg IMG_1356.jpg

kidcampbell71, wedjim and 509garyd like this.
  19. Dennis, will be keen to see how the Electroline headlights look on your 3 window as I have a set for my roadster.
    Cully

20. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

21. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Couple pics with the Guide headlights, no pics of the others yet. Man what's a guy have to do to have a shop like Dennis's and 3 stellar '32 Fords. Best pic so far Dennis, of the 3 cars head on. IMG_1357.jpg IMG_1359.jpg

Pufff, JP55, kidcampbell71 and 2 others like this.
  22. Greg,
    Glad you liked the photo shot of my 3 1932 Fords. Gary from Cornhusker rods stopped by the other day and had seen the photo also. He called me a poser. I got a bang out of that comment.
    Been doing some color sanding down to the primer and am liking it so far. If we ever get a nice day I will roll it out in the sun and take a photo and send you. Only problem with doing this it makes the paint shine. Not sure I like that look so I might have to shoot some clear on it with a flat agent in it to take the shine out of it.

23. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Dennis any pics of this, air quote... "Sanding" you claim to be doing? Proof? Please?

24. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

IMG_1365.jpg Here ya go

Stogy, JP55 and Runnin shine like this.
  25. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Visited Dennis's shop last week and the coupe is awesome. It is a sure winner and is getting better every time I stop by. When he gets the patina look done it will be killer. I sure hope I have that much fire in the belly when I'm 76!

26. perrytudor32

perrytudor32
    from uk

great pic of 32,s and garage.

27. Gary,
    You have been a very big part of this 3 window build of mine and it would have not came together as it has with out all your help. For that I thank you very much. As you know the hot rods are all part of our world, but it is the people that are the real glue to all this. Thanks for going along with an old farts dreams and pitching in when a lot of others thought I was nut's. You are a great friend. As far as you having this much fire when you are my age. I can't see it any other way for you as you have the deuce blood running all through your body.
    Thanks for liking my build and taking the time to say so.

509garyd likes this.
  28. Had a couple of old hot rod buddies of mine from Kansas stop by the shop today to check out the new build. How great is that?? We go way the hell back and it is so great that we still check in on each other to see what the hell we have been building after all these years.
    There is no better friends in the world than old friends from back in the days when we drove what we built from parts we could gather up from the local junk yards. Those were the days for sure. I can say they both approved of my latest hot rod and that means the world to me. I am one to not follow the road like most and like to go off the beating path and just build what I like and could give a shit if the general joe blow likes it or not. But I do respect what my friends think of my maddest.
    Was a great day spent with friends talking about old times and hot rods....

29. Just wanted to enter a up-date on the build page. Not much to show as it is all apart now and am doing the plumbing of brakes, gas line and exhaust. Then the body will go back on for the last time.
    Been color sanding & buffing and everything is done but the hood tops & sides. Working on them, but slow due to all the dam louvers.
    Did pick up a cool old zepper heater for it off of flee-bay for 25 bucks and will just use the case. Should have some photos next week of the progress.